Find out about the food businesses run by Maricopa County health inspectors. (Photo: Getty Images)
Find out about restaurants headed by Maricopa County inspectors in the week of November 25 for four or more priority violations.
A Priority Violation is a serious breach that directly contributes to increasing the risk of food borne illness or injury. If included in the reports, the remedial measures implemented during the inspections are included.
Below is a selection of the many restaurants that have been rated A without any violations.
SEARCH OUR DATABASE: How did your favorite restaurant rate in the Phoenix area?
Costa Vida3175 S. Market St., Gilbert.
- The employee treated a bottle of Windex cleaner with their bare hands and then put on gloves to work with food without washing their hands between activities. | corrected
- Pieces of aluminum foil in cooked rice. | The employee searched and removed all parts at the time of the inspection.
- Cooked meat at unsuitable temperature. | Again heated.
- Cut leafy vegetables that are not cold enough. | Discarded.
- Mango stored after the warp time. | Discarded.
- Multiple chemical bottles stored on shelf near red wine vinegar bottles. Windex stores beside cutting boards for the preparation of vegetables. | Moved.
Red Mountain Bar and Grill, 2015 N. Power Road, Room 106, Mesa.
- Moldy strawberries, jalapeños, cream cheese and Italian sausage in walk-in cooler and prep table. | Discarded.
- Raw sausage left over raw fish saved. Raw philly steak over grilled sausages. | Rearranged to prevent cross-contamination.
- Green chilli stew not hot enough. | Warmed up.
- Cheese sauce and boiled potatoes that stand on the counter at inappropriate temperatures. | Discarded.
- Ham, salsa, green chilli stew and green chili peppers stored after the expiration date. | Discarded.
Maricopa County inspectors carry out restaurant inspections in food factories and violate the protocol. The video was kindly provided by Maricopa County.
Nicole Schaub, Republic of Arizona
Einstein Bros Bagels6350 S. McClintock Drive, Suite 102, Tempe.
- The staff washed their hands for less than 10 seconds. | corrected
- Employee puts gloves on to handle food without washing your hands. | Washed hands.
- Container of raw top eggs stored on orange juice tray. | Touched.
- Hummus was not cold enough. | Discarded.
Thai Basil – Downtown114 W. Adams St., Suite C-104, Phoenix.
- Pack of raw chicken stored directly over an open container of raw shrimp. | Rearranged to prevent cross-contamination.
- The employee used a vegetable cutter, then rinsed it off with water and stored it as clean as possible. | The slicer returned to the dishwashing area and was properly laundered, rinsed and disinfected.
- Cooked chicken at inappropriate temperatures. | Discarded.
- Too much disinfectant in the dishwasher. | corrected
Smile Thai food2107 S. Rural Road, Tempe.
- Boil soup set without gloves and fill in two soup bowls. | Wash hands and put on gloves. Soup container emptied and made new.
- Moldy Roma tomatoes in walk-in cooler. | Discarded.
- Raw chicken on skewer over fruits, sauces and whipped cream. | Rearranged to prevent cross-contamination.
- Raw shrimp are not cold enough. | corrected
Grade A restaurants
- Anzio's Italian Restaurant, 12418 N. 28th Drive.
- Jay's Gyros, 4750 E. Broadway Road, Suite 103.
- Popeyes, 6540 W. Thomas Road.
- Yusef's Deli, 4130 N. 27th Ave.
- Soup & Sausage, 13240 N. 7th St., Suite 4 – 5.
- Shrimp Viche Man, 961 W. Ray Road, Suite 2, Chandler.
- Detroit Coney Grill, 930 W. Broadway Road, Tempe.
- Romeo's Euro Cafe, 207 N. Gilbert Road, Suite 105, Gilbert.
- Restaurant & Lounge Grandview Steak House, 6210 E. McKellips Road, Mesa.
- Chen's Noodle House, 1043 E. Lemon St., Tempe.
- Malee's Thai Gourmet, Main Street 7131
- Rinaldi's Deli, 16211 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite A-4.
- Citizens Inn, 7111 E. 5th Ave. East, Suite E.
- Brat House, 3622 N. Scottsdale Road.
- Artezania, 7677 E. Princess Blvd.
- Carrabbas Italian Grill, 9920 W. McDowell Road, Avondale.
- Graziano's Pizzeria, 20329 N. 59th Ave., Suite A-9., Glendale.
- Restaurant Pho Tan Thanh, 7575 W. Cactus Road, Peoria.
- Bonfire Craft Kitchen, 15332 W. Bell Road, Suite 101, Surprise.
- Raul & Theresa, 1363 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear.
Source: Maricopa County Environmental Services
Reach the reporter at Ebony.Day@azcentral.com. Follow her on Twitter: @EbonyDayAZ,
Support local journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.
Read or share this story: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2019/12/04/5-restaurants-gilbert-mesa-tempe-phoenix-have-violations-restaurant-inspections / 2600675001 /