The British they can highlight in many things, but the gastronomyMaybe it's not his strong point. Among its typical dishes the best known is the ‘Fish and Chips’ and, one more year, the candidates to win the prize for ‘Best Fish and Chips Restaurant in the UK 2020’ They have been announced. The winner will be known next January 23. Within the list of the top ten is a London restaurant. The Borough Market’s Fish! which already won the award in 2017, has been selected for the second time. Open since 1999, this serves both in the restaurant, as takeaway. Among its offer we find some of the freshest fish in the British capital. He is known for his fish and chips. It also offers delicacies such as Thai fish cake, lobster and fish snacks.
East recognition is organized the public body that supports the 10 billion pound fishing industry in the United Kingdom, Seafish. The awards they give take into account factors such as taste, customer service and the atmosphere added to the sustainable sourcing of ingredients, staff training and development policies and innovative menu options for those with dietary requirements.
The executive director of Seafish, Marcus Coleman said in a statement that “United Kingdom is known worldwide for its takeaway meals with fish and chips. There are many amazing restaurants that serve tasty and healthy fish and chips to sit on customers' day-to-day lives. We have 10 of these exceptional restaurants represented on this list. Each one is a credit to our industry and we wish everyone good luck in the final evaluation round. ”
Meet the 10 finalists for ‘Best British Fish and Chips Restaurant’
1. Fish! – Borough Market, London
2. Fish City – Belfast
3. Knights Fish & Chip – Glastonbury, Somerset
4. Malt and Anchor – Cirencester, Gloucestershire
5. Quayside Restaurant & Fish Bar – Gourdon, Aberdeenshire
6. Saltwater Fish Restaurant – Torquay, Devon
7. Something Else Fishy – Sherborne, Dorset
8. The Cods Scallops – Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
9. The Fisherman’s WifeWhitby, North Yorkshire
10. Trenchers RestaurantWhitley Bay, Tyne and Wear