A student who spent six months drinking six cans of Monster Energy drink a day revealed his horrible tooth decay.

Vinnie Pyner, 21, says that he became addicted to the popular drink that helped him stay awake during his university studies.

But he says four of his front teeth broke when he bit an apple and his dentist found that his mouth was rotten.

Vinnie, from Margate, Kent, now says she needs 24 fillings and prosthetics for her crunchers.

He said: "It started as a way to relieve the stress and pressure of my college curriculum because you have to focus on computer and coding.

"But I never thought it would go so badly, it affected my confidence dramatically.

At 21, he became addicted to the popular drink

"I had the ambition to become a games designer, but now my hopes have been disappointed."

After consuming about 45 cans of monster a week for seven months, Vinnie said that he had gone crazy.

But he was too embarrassed to return to East Kent College where he was studying BTEC Computing and Coding.

He added: "The dentist was extremely shocked to see my teeth and said it was one of the worst cases of tooth decay and damage he had ever seen.

"Looking at my teeth, I realized what I had done, I was in a complete mess.

"I could not go to college like this, so I had to leave because I could not bear the embarrassment.

"I'm not sure what the future holds, but I hope I can get back on my feet.

He revealed shocking photos of his teeth

"It started with three meals a day at breakfast, lunch and dinner so I could stay focused during my studies.

"I often felt tired and desperately needed energy drinks."

Mortified Vinnie is voiced to warn others of excessive consumption of energy drinks.

He believes that his "addiction" to Monster is the cause of his tooth decay, but this has not been confirmed.

Her mother, Tara, stated that her drinking was reaching its peak around Christmas 2017. Soon after, he would have started to have a toothache every time he ate.

Vinnie says that he was brushing his teeth twice a day but was still suffering from severe dental pains

The mother of a 46 year old child said, "I started to see him coming back home regularly with multiple packs that were the first signs of an addiction.

"It was absolutely shocking, his four upper incisors had completely fallen off and you could see his gum line.

"The incisors are often the first adult teeth that grow and make up the biggest part of our smile, so her smile was completely destroyed.

"As a mother, it was very difficult to accept because, for seven months, this addiction had taken control of her life."

Since then, Vinnie is under treatment.

The dentists found that all of Vinnie's teeth had rotted.

He was told that he should have 24 fillings and a pair of prostheses fitted to the four anterior teeth.

Monster Energy is an energy drink introduced in 2002 by Hansen Natural Company

His confidence sank and he dropped out of school. He spends all his time at home and never goes out at all.

The student added, "I can not do much, let alone think about my future.

"I can not apply for any job because the investigators will take a look at my teeth and say no right away.

"The smile is the first thing you see in an interview."

Vinnie began her dental treatments in September and hopes to return to college and get a job soon.

Monster Energy Drinks has been contacted for comments.

Read more

Main reports of Mirror Online