Some of the outstanding activities of the Barcelona Design Week are as follows:
- The inaugural conference It will be conducted by Paola Antonelli, Senior Curator at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). It will be titled “There is always a design emergency” and will analyze the central role of design in adapting to this new reality.
- At the annual celebration of BDW Summit International experts will meet to share experiences that have allowed companies to move forward and have a positive impact on people and the planet. The same BDW Summit will present the second edition of the Sustainable Challenge, in which students from disciplines related to fashion from schools across the country and the UK will work in mixed groups.
- The Fomento de las Artes y del Diseño (FAD) organizes a cycle of activities focused on number 5 of the SDGs, which seeks gender equality. The cycle also includes a family challenge for children from 6 to 12 years old.
- Among the talks and conferences, the cycle D × A, «Dialogues for activism», where three current issues in the field of design will be addressed through round tables.
- Design in Diagonal, one of the main activities of the districts, is transformed into Shop Windows – Diagonal Design with the aim of promoting local talent and businesses.
- Both in the Disseny Hub Barcelona and in different art galleries there will be exhibitions.
In addition, excellence in design and architecture will be shown through the awards organized by the FAD associations.