Over £ 25,000 was collected by friends and well-wishers following the fatality of 39-year-old Aliny Mendes in Cheam.

At the site of the murder of the mother of four children born in Brazil on London Road, between Stoneleigh and Cheam, flowery tributes were left.

The offer is intended to reduce Ms. Mendes's body to her Brazilian family and ensure that a lawyer "works with the family to protect children's interests and try to keep them all together".

Surrey Comet:

A fundraising site set up by Vanessa Ferro states, "Perhaps you have seen press reports that our dear friend, colleague and mother of four revered children, Aliny, was on a knife attack near Ewell on Friday, February 8 She was murdered in Epsom, Surrey while she was picking up her children from school.

"Her friends, the church community, her colleagues and her family in Brazil and other parts of the world are shocked at the loss of this wonderful person.

"Can you please find it in your hearts to support this very valuable cause and help these poor children who are now growing up without parents and who are making Aliny rest in their native Brazil?"

Surrey Comet:

Ms. Mendes was known among members of the local Catholic community and at St. George's Church in Epsom.

A priest in the church, Father Gianom, said, "She was a person full of life, she had to take great care of the children.

"She had four children – three boys and one girl, the youngest was a girl, I recently christened her.

"She was a person who was very devoted to the family, she was really a nice woman.

"Every morning, she got up for the children at 4 am She made many sacrifices for her, she did not work – she took care of the children.

Surrey Comet:

"When she separated from her husband, she went to Streatham.

"It was in a house – sheltered, she lived there because she had separated from him, that was about a month ago."

Two men were arrested after the incident, which was reported Friday around 3:00 pm near the Sparrow Farm Road junction near Nonsuch Park.

A man in his fifties, who was initially arrested on suspicion of supporting a perpetrator, has since been released and will not be prosecuted.

A forty-year-old man from Epsom remains in custody on suspicion of murder.

You can find a link to the donation page of Vanessa Ferro here.