Updated 10/11/2020 at 4:47 PM
Save the date! Disney+, Disney’s new streaming platform, is will officially launch on November 17 throughout Latin America and here we bring you the most relevant data, as well as information about its content, that all fans should know.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED: Disney Plus arrives in Peru
FAST FACTS DE DISNEY+ LATIN AMERICA
• It already has 60.5 million global subscribers in the countries where it is present.
• It will be available as of November 17, 2020 for audiences throughout Latin America and the Caribbean on devices with an Internet connection.
• As of its launch in the region, Disney + will be the only streaming platform where all the exclusive and original content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic will be premiered and found with unlimited and perpetual access for its subscribers.
• From September 30, 2020 onwards, Disney + will have perpetual and exclusive availability of The Walt Disney Company stories. Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic content will not be available on any other streaming platform.
• Linear channels will continue to have a presence in the region and will be a great complement to the content offered through Disney +.
• The only way to access all Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies will be in theaters and on Disney +.
• MULÁN It will be available only to Disney + subscribers starting December 4.
ORIGINAL DISNEY + CONTENT
New films, series, documentaries and shorts produced to be accessible only on the platform will be available with the launch of the service and others will be released later:
- Some of the new stories that will arrive in simultaneous release with the US currently scheduled between 2020 and 2021 are “Falcon and the Winter Soldier”, “WandaVision” and “Loki”. Also the “Marvel Heroes Project”, a program that celebrates extraordinary children who make a difference in their communities.
- The first full season of “The Mandalorian” and the second, which will premiere simultaneously with the US; “Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian” and “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”
- Films that The Walt Disney Studios has created exclusively for the platform, such as “LADY AND THE TRAMP”, “NOELLE” and “TOGO”. With the spirit that characterizes Disney Channel productions will arrive “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series”, “Secret Society of Royal Children”, “Phineas and Ferb The Movie”. Also the documentary “The Imagineering Story”.
- New short-form series like “Pixar in Real Life” and the full collections of animated shorts “SparkShorts” and “Forky Asks.”
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC AND MORE …
- The original National Geographic series “The Right Stuff,” an adaptation of Tom Wolfe’s bestseller of the same name that chronicles in the “non-fiction” genre the early days of the US space program.
- “HAMILTON”, the feature film that will transport the audience to the world of Broadway entertainment.
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OF STORYTELLING
The platform integrates its new programs and films to the collection belonging to the library of the creators of The Walt Disney Company. Some of the movies, shorts and series that will be available for streaming in the region only and exclusively through Disney + as of its launch in November 2020:
- All films produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by The Walt Disney Studios that are part of the “MCU” (Marvel Cinematic Universe) from “IRON MAN” to “AVENGERS: ENDGAME”. Some of Marvel’s classic television series from 1979 to present, including “X-Men,” “Spider-Man,” and “Marvel’s Runaways.”
- The entire SKYWALKER saga, from its first release in 1977 to its culmination in 2019, plus theatrical titles such as “ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY” and “HAN SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY”.
- Animated classics from the Walt Disney Signature Collection, from Walt Disney Animation Studios, created by or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, including “SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS”, “BEAUTY AND THE BEAST”, “PINOCHO” , “BAMBI”, “THE LION KING”, “THE LADY AND THE TRAMP”, “PETER PAN”, “THE LITTLE SIREN”, “THE CINDERELLA” and more.
- The most recent Disney hits in live-action, such as: “ALADDÍN”, “THE JUNGLE BOOK”, “THE LION KING”, “THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST” and “CINDERELLA”, among others. The most iconic series of Disney Channels like “Hannah Montana”, “Zack and Cody: Twins in action”, “Kim Possible”, “The House of Mickey Mouse”, “PJ Masks: Heroes in Pajamas” and “Captain Jake and the Pirates of Never Land ”; plus a generation’s favorite Disney Channel original movies, including “High School Musical,” “Camp Rock,” and “Descendants.”
- The complete collection of groundbreaking Pixar Animation Studios films such as “TOY STORY”, “INTENSA-MIND”, “COCO”, “WALL-E”, “UP: AN ADVENTURE OF HEIGHT”, “MONSTERS, INC.”, “SEARCHING FOR NEMO”, “LOS INCREÍBLES” and “VALIENTE”, as well as all the remembered Pixar short films, including “Bao” and “Sanjay – El Súper Equipo”.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC AND MORE
- Amazing National Geographic Adventures Including Documentary Series “One Strange Rock,” “Origins: The Journey of the Human Kind,” “Jane Goodall: The Hope,” “Before the Flood,” “Free Solo,” and American-Produced Shows Latina, as “The science of absurdity.”
- The full repertoire of episodes of successful local Disney production series that will gradually be incorporated into Disney +, such as “Violetta”, “Soy Luna”, “Bia”, “O11CE”, “Juacas”, “Peter Punk”, “Jungle Nest “,” Highway: Rolling the Adventure “,” When the Bell Rings “and” Art Attack “,” Nivis, friends from another world “,” Junior Express “,” Bárbara’s Flower Shop “,” La Casa de Disney Junior ” , “Morko y Mali”, “El Jardín de Clarilú”, “Playground” and “Playhouse Disney”.
SEE MORE ABOUT DISNEY +
ALSO READ: Disney + in Latin America: Disney Plus launch date, price and subscription plans, app, list of series and movies and everything CLICK HERE: Disney +: complete list of series and movies offered by the new streaming service DO NOT MISS: Disney +: why is the streaming service now available and free in the Netherlands?
“Hamilton”, trailer for the Broadway musical that hit the Disney + platform on July 3
Trailer for “Mulan”: Disney + Help revealed the arrival date of “Mulan” to the streaming service