- How to follow:
- Listen to BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Local Radio. Text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Coach Rafael Benitez says Newcastle is struggling to "fight" because of their position in the Premier League in the FA Cup of the season.
The Magpies dropped to 18th place on Saturday after losing to Chelsea.
Benitez said he would spin his team for the third round of the third round against Blackburn on Tuesday, as he did when the teams drew 1-1 at St James's Park.
He said the clubs must be "realistic" in their chances in the FA Cup if they decide to prioritize the competition.
"Who has a chance, a realistic chance? Teams in the middle of the table, because they can try because they are safe," said Benitez.
"The other teams have to handle it very carefully."
The two Premier League fighters, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham, competed in the FA Cup in the third round against lower league opponents, while Southampton was rerouted by Derby.
"Why do you see these teams and they were out because the Premier League is massive," said Benitez.
"You are guaranteed £ 130 million when you get there, so everyone is trying to get a grip on the situation, they have to be realistic."
Mohamed Diame, Paul Dummett and Jonjo Shelvey stay for the trip to Ewood Park in Newcastle.
Freddie Woodman, Javier Manquillo, Jamie Sterry and Jacob Murphy are likely to come to that.
Charlie Mulgrew and Derrick Williams could play for Blackburn.
The two trained before the game after they had missed the triumphal march against Millwall in the championship.
Midfielder Corry Evans is unlikely to play due to injury.
"We play in the Premier League," said Blackburn coach Tony Mowbray.
"The team knows how difficult the game will be, but we always believe we can win, especially at home.
"We are convinced that we can ask questions and put them on the back foot."
- Blackburn has won only two of his 12 FA Cup games against Newcastle United (D4 L6). However, both victories came home and won 1-0 in the third round 1927/28 and 1-0 in the fifth round from 1992 to 1993.
- Blackburn is unbeaten in all competitions in the last three games against Newcastle United (W2 D1). The Magpies were last without victory against Blackburn in all competitions between May 2007 and February 2011 (P7 W0 D1 L6) without success.
- Newcastle United have played for the second time in the third round of the FA Cup in the last three years and played past Birmingham in 2016/17.
- Blackburn lost his last three FA Cup encounters with his Premier League opponents since defeating Stoke 4-1 in the fifth round of 2014-15.