A chef has melted two of Australia’s favorite fast food restaurants by creating a McDonald’s Big Mac hybrid and a KFC chicken burger.
Rob Nixon is the brain behind Nicko’s Kitchen, an online cooking show streamed on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, specializing in decadent desserts and homemade versions of the restaurant’s iconic dishes.
The culinary star of Perth, Western Australia, uploaded a four-minute video earlier this month showing viewers how to prepare KFC’s famous “secret” herbs and spices and crunchy buttermilk chicken and Big Mac sauce from McDonald, famous all over the world.
After transforming the ingredients into an impressive sandwich stacked on six levels, Mr Nixon asked the restaurant giants to collaborate and store the hamburger in KFC and McDonald’s outlets across the country.
Scroll down for the video
Appetizing Rob Nixon KFC Big Mac Hamburger made with secret herbs and sauces and secret McDonald’s sauce
Nixon invited the fast food giants to merge and create this hamburger as a product, claiming that it would definitely be a “best-seller”
Nixon first revealed the eight ingredients that go to the KFC seasoning, including popular spices like paprika and ginger and herbs like basil, oregano and thyme.
The mix also includes more unusual flavors such as dry mustard powder and celery salt and pantry base salt and black and white pepper.
Perth chef Rob Nixon, the brain behind YouTube cooking channel Nicko’s Kitchen
Add the herbs to a bowl of buttermilk and leave the chicken breasts marinated in the dough overnight.
To prepare the breading mix that gives the KFC chicken its famous crunchy appearance on the outside, Mr Nixon adds the same herbs and spices in two large cups of flour, covering the chicken with dry ingredients once fully marinated.
“I always dip the chicken twice for a more crunchy coating,” he said.
Subsequently, Mr Nixon shared the ingredients for McDonald’s Big Mac sauce, which is based on two tablespoons of mayonnaise mixed with teaspoons of pickled taste, mustard, white vinegar, garlic salt, paprika, dried onion flakes and a pinch. of sugar.
Sugar is widely used in sauces to balance the acidity of other ingredients, in this case mustard and vinegar.
‘Give everything a good mix around until you see the famous one [yellowish] the color that secret sauce is known for, “he said.
To garnish the hamburgers, Mr Nixon uses the classic ingredients of the Big Mac: two pickles, a handful of lettuce, two sheets of cheddar cheese and a dried onion, rehydrated in a teaspoon of water just like McDonald’s kitchens use.
Herbs and spices (left) and marinated buttermilk (right) for the authentic KFC crispy chicken
The crunchy KFC chicken by Mr Nixon, flavored with paprika, garlic and mustard powder
To assemble, toast three sandwiches until golden brown, cutting the base from one that will be used in the middle.
Mr Nixon spreads a teaspoon of sauce on each of the sandwiches, spreading it on the sides before adding the rehydrated onion and lettuce.
Place a slice of cheese on the base sandwich and the pickles in the center before placing a piece of chicken on both.
“The two companies should merge and totally make this product, it would certainly be a best seller,” he said.
And it’s not the first time that Mr. Nixon has launched a secret McDonald’s recipe.
How to create your Big Mac KFC
For the chicken
Chicken breasts or legs (as much as you want)
2 teaspoons of paprika
½ teaspoon of dried basil
½ ts ground ginger
½ teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/3 teaspoon of oregano
½ teaspoon celery salt
½ teaspoon of white pepper
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 ½ cups of buttermilk
2 cups of flour
For the Big Mac secret sauce
2 tbsp mayonnaise
½ teaspoon pickled dressing
1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon of dried onion flakes
½ teaspoon of sugar
For the hamburger
1 slice of cheddar
1/2 cup of lettuce
1 tablespoon of dried onions (rehydrated in a drop of water)
1. Mix herbs and spices and marinate the chicken in a bowl of buttermilk overnight.
2. Prepare the dough for breading by adding the same herbs and spices to the flour.
3. Prepare the Big Mac secret sauce by mixing two tablespoons of mayonnaise mixed with teaspoons of pickle, mustard, white vinegar, garlic salt, paprika, dried onion flakes and a pinch of sugar.
4. Spread the chicken twice on each side in the dry breading mixture and fry until crispy and golden brown.
5. Toast three sandwiches, shaving the bottom from one to be used as a medium.
6. Stack the ingredients and still enjoy hot.
Source: Nicko’s Kitchen
In May, the chef shared his home-made recipe for the world’s most loved hot fries, revealing the secret of the famous flavor is frying them twice.
He prepared a series of “Maccas” chips with three potatoes, water and corn syrup, before frying them in sizzling canola oil and seasoning with salt.
“The second potato chip was worth it for that authentic flavor and golden color,” said Nixon in the video.
Nixon saw his fan base multiply during the blockade when tens of thousands of new followers joined his channels to find recipes to prepare at home with their families.
Her simple recipes for do-it-yourself Krispy Kreme donuts, two-ingredient nutella cake and air-fried Oreos have been seen by over four million people.
Mr Nixon’s homemade McDonald’s fries, fried in rapeseed (left) and ready to be eaten (right)
How to prepare Maccas chips at home
1. To start, cut the potatoes into thin strips using a mandolin with a slicer attached to the end or with a sharp knife.
2. Fill a large bowl with cold water and dip the chips to remove excess starch, leaving it aside for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the chips to a bowl of hot water mixed with a spoonful of corn syrup.
4. Beat the mixture so that the syrup dissolves, then leave the shavings to soak for another 10 minutes.
5. The syrup will infuse a sweet sweetness and encourage the chips to turn golden when fried.
6. Once fully immersed, place the chips on a towel and dry them, then leave to dry in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. In the meantime, heat a generous amount of canola oil in a saucepan until it sizzles hot, then fry the chips in two lots twice for four minutes each.