Mexico / 14.11.2020 19:24:28
Mexico exceeded one million people infected with SARS-CoV-2 and 22 percent had to be hospitalized, while they have been patients with moderate symptoms and therefore, they stayed at home, 78 percent.
Half, 53.4 percent of covid-19 cases are registered in people between 25 and 49 years old. Two-thirds, 61.7 percent, of the deaths from covid-19 were in people between 55 and 79 years old.
Of the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases through a laboratory test and approximately another 35,000 estimated as positive cases, almost 10 percent have died.
Emergency measures were decreed to curb the spread of the virus on March 24.
- Closing of work centers, public spaces and schools at all educational levels.
- Closure of non-essential activities, except hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, laboratories, financial services, telecommunications, information media, hotels, restaurants, gas stations, markets, supermarkets, miscellaneous, gas transportation and distribution services.
- Suspension of massive events and concentrations of more than 100 people.
- Recommendation of basic hygiene measures:
- Frequent hand washing
- Tag sneeze
- Greeting from healthy distance.
On April 17, the return to educational activities, with distance classes.
May 30 closed the activities.
From May 31 to date an epidemiological traffic light is established by state governments:
- Red: Very high risk
- Orange: High risk
- Yellow: Medium risk
- Verde: Low risk
July 17th finished the SEP school year
August 28 the school year started SEP 2020-2021
On September 30, the return of workers to government offices was postponed to January 4.
80 percent of the infected people reported symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
Previous ailments of infected people:
- Hypertension 18.8%
- Obesity 17.2%
- Diabetes 14.8%
- Smoking 7.3%
Previous conditions of people who died from covid-19:
- Hypertension 45.3%
- Diabetes 38.5%
- Obesity 24.1%
- Smoking 8%