This Friday, the Ministry of Health sent a circular to Aerocivil, air transport operators, airlines and travelers with recommendations and instructions to guarantee safe air transport, both within the national territory and abroad.
(We recommend: Moringa and other folk remedies that do not work against covid-19)
Between them, do not speak during the journey, in order to reduce the emission of particles; the use of masks, and limitations related to food consumption on aircraft.
The Ministry of Health noted that the constant investigation into the spread of the virus has led to greater clarity on how it can spread: through particles of various sizes that are expelled by an infected person, through the mouth or nose, when speaking, laughing, greeting, coughing, sneezing, singing or snorting, and that can be suspended in the air.
(Also: The keys to Chile’s success in its vaccination against covid)
This, the circular explains, “increases the probability that other people will contract the infection if they are in direct or close contact with an infected person.” And so he adds, small particles are more likely to be suspended in the air in poorly ventilated indoor spaces, such as restaurants, places of worship, gyms, bars, offices, means of land and air transport, among others, and increase with the permanence of people for a long period of time.
For this reason, the health authority requested the commitment of the operators to provide passengers and crew with all the biosecurity guarantees.
(Also read: Police dressed as a doctor to see his father, but found him dead)
In the case of airlines, Recommendations and instructions must be informed to passengers and crew through previous messagesas well as during the flight.
These are the new recommendations of the Ministry of Health.
Recommendations to airlines
1. Require passengers and crew, throughout the journey, the mandatory use of face masks, insisting on the proper use of it (covering from nose to chin). They should also instruct passengers to adjust their masks if someone removes it or uses it inappropriately..
2. Recommend the use of masks on your website. For people over 80 years of age and those with comorbidities, suggest the use of N95 type masks, as they are more vulnerable.
(Recommendations: These are the new families that will receive solidarity income)
3. Recommend to travelers, through the messages issued in the cabin, not to speak during the journey, in order to reduce the emission of drops or aerosols that are generated and become a risk factor for contagion when staying in the closed space of the aircraft.
4. Remind travelers that the consumption of food during the journey is prohibited on domestic and international flights for less than 2 hours.
5. On international flights longer than 2 hours, in which the service is provided on board, food must be distributed in sealed and prepackaged containers, and by location of letters on the aircraft. This, in order that the passengers in the same row eat at the same time.
(Also: Detect a new variant of the coronavirus in Southern California)
6. If possible, leave an empty seat in between to maintain physical distance between passengers.
Recommendations to passengers
1. Do not travel if you have symptoms potentially associated with COVID-19, if you have close contact with a positive case or have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
2. Use the mask or mask properly at all times. The use of type N95 masks is recommended for those over 60 years of age or with comorbidities.
3. Where possible, avoid talking during the journey.
(Also read: Trump was close to using a respirator when he had covid-19)
4. Do not consume food during the flight, or other services on board, on flights shorter than 2 hours. On flights where eating is allowed, make sure not to remove the mask at the same time as the passengers on the side.
5. Avoid sharing objects, books, magazines, etc., with other passengers.
6. Remember that it is required to verify the QR code of the Coronapp application for domestic flights, as well as the Check-Mig form for international flights.
(Also: Disinfect shoes and other protocols that do not work against covid-19)