Bristol made a remarkable recovery by scoring a last-minute try with substitute flanker Dan Thomas to beat Exeter 20-17 at Sandy Park and climb to the top of the Premiership. The visitors remained 17-0 at the break, but they managed to stun the Chiefs and win three out of four victories since the start of the season.

With time gone, Bristol won a penalty kick that Callum Sheedy hit hard, and then the Bears attackers formed to the ground to clear their way over the line. The covers seemed inconclusive, but the try was rewarded and, after Sheedy kicked off the conversion, Bristol was able to celebrate an impressive victory. "This win is a major scorer for us," said Pat Lam, Bristol rugby director.

Sam Simmonds and Nic White scored Exeter's try in the first period. Joe Simmonds converted both tries and added a penalty. Piers O'Conor was Bristol's other scorer with Sheedy finishing with two penalties and two transformations, with visitors scoring 20 unanswered points after the interval.

The first 15 minutes were bad publicity for the Premiership Rugby, as both teams struggled to keep their game going. Basic handling mistakes were legion with possession possession swaps, which contradicted the excellent results. playing conditions. Finally, the Chiefs managed to tie up a few passes and took the lead with a try of Sam Simmonds in the 14th minute.

Henry Slade, in his first game since the World Cup in England, skilfully avoided two defensemen and Sam Simmonds was about to drive close to try the player that his brother Joe converted. This breakthrough was the catalyst that Exeter needed as they became more and more dominant and, after a few precise manipulations, they tried a second try.

A magnificent unloading of Slade then created a space for Stuart Hogg, who sent Tom O'Flaherty running right. When he was towed, White saw a breach to make his way. Joe Simmonds converted before adding a simple penalty.

At this point, it seemed difficult in Bristol to reverse the situation because, apart from a few swift passes from the Luke Morahan wing, they barely hit in a first half.

Four minutes after the restart, Bristol received some encouragement when Sheedy was given a penalty, but the service resumed its normal course. The Chiefs then pinned their opponents in their 22nd minute. Alex Cuthbert seemed to have extended his lead. The TMO countered to show that the wing had put a foot in contact just before throwing the ball.

Exeter brought his English players Luke Cowan-Dickie and Jack Nowell to add firepower, but that's Bristol who scored the next goal when Sheedy was scooped his second penalty after Hogg was sanctioned for not not be released. Sheedy's penalties were the only boring quarter-final scores but, 17 minutes from the end, White was sent off to give a yellow card and Bristol took the opportunity to allow O'Conor to score at Luke's speed. Morahan.

Sheedy's conversion took Bristol four points before the final drama saw Tom touching his foot to win a barely credible victory.

Exiles tame the tigers

The London Irish Irish won with 36 to 11 points against Leicester at Madejski Stadium. Points came from all over for exiles with Oli Hoskins, said Bristol; it was this victory won, Ben Loader and Ruan Botha stood out in the first period, and Stephen Myler added seven points with the boot. Leicester had two penalties in the first period to show for his efforts and was getting a late score for Jonah Holmes, but the Irishman continued to scramble after the break, while Waisake Naholo and Tom Parton secured the five-point win . PA Media