The second trilogy by “Star Wars” creator George Lucas should look quite different. Some secrets have now been revealed thanks to a new book.
“Star Wars” fans are currently getting their money’s worth thanks to “The Mandalorian”. At the front of the cinema, however, the tide is low for the time being, and there will be supplies again in 2023 at the earliest. Fans can use this break to immerse themselves in the exciting past of previous films. A new book called “The Star Wars Archive. 1999-2005“, Which will be released on March 20, 2021 (you can pre-order it on Amazon).
Based on “The Star Wars Archive. 1977-1983 ”(this book is already available from Amazon), this book covers the second“ Star Wars ”trilogy of George Lucas, the so-called prequels, in which the background story of Darth Vader alias Anakin Skywalker was told. Polygon was able to take a look at the factory and give us a foretaste. One of the most interesting anecdotes is that those in charge of 20th Century Fox accused Lucas of destroying “Star Wars” with these new films.
Our video gives you a look ahead:
Warning to George Lucas: Young Anakin destroys “Star Wars”
When the creator of the franchise presented his idea for a new trilogy to the responsible studio, there was initially still enthusiasm. Anakin’s change to Darth Vader – how could that not work? The anticipation broke when he told them that Anakin would only be ten years old in the first film. The clear reaction from Fox officials: “You’re going to destroy the franchise; you will destroy everything! ”However, Lucas did not let himself be dissuaded from his plan and deliberately said that he would make a film“ that nobody wants to see ”instead of simply telling the same story again.
As you know, it didn’t get that bad, “Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace” grossed an impressive 924 million US dollars worldwide. Still, there are sure to be some fans for whom Fox’s dystopian prophecy has come true. After all, the prequel trilogy is still enormously controversial, even if it is accepted or even appreciated by many other fans.
All previous “Star Wars” films, “The Mandalorian” and more are available here at Disney +
Darth Maul as the big bad guy and Han Solo as the Wookie orphan
Polygon revealed even more news from the upcoming book, The Star Wars Archives. 1999-2005 “:
- In George Lucas sequel trilogy (ie “Star Wars 7” to “Star Wars 9”) Darth Maul should return as a big villain after he had become a kind of Mafia boss.
- Leia would also play a bigger role alongside Luke and lead a generation of Jedis. Not only that: Leia should turn out to be the chosen one in these films.
- In the first draft of “Revenge of the Sith”, Darth Sidious was to be revealed as the quasi-father of Anakin. He was supposed to be behind the Immaculate Conception by using the Force to bring the Midi-Chlorians to create Anakin’s life.
- George Lucas again defended his decision to let Greedo shoot first in the famous scene from Star Wars: Episode 4 – A New Hope. “I never designed Han to be a ruthless killer,” Lucas said of his controversial revised version in which Han Solo shoots the bounty hunter in self-defense.
- Han Solo should actually be seen in “Revenge of the Sith” as an orphan on Kashyyyk, the home planet of the Wookie. “That’s stupid,” said Lucas himself in the end about his idea.
- Lucas also defended the controversial beginning of “A Phantom Menace,” in which trade federations and embargoes play an important role: “This is how wars begin.” He wanted to criticize “corrupt companies” that only care about money while everyone else tries To do good but be overwhelmed by it.
Nobody is fooling you so quickly when it comes to “Star Wars”? Then you can surely master this quiz, right?
did you like this article? Then leave us a comment on this page and discuss with us about current cinema releases, your favorite series and films that you are eagerly waiting for. We look forward to your opinion.
To the comments