A dog suspected of having a brain tumor actually had a sewing needle in his neck that had pierced his spinal cord, showed X-rays.

The owners of Toby, the Yorkshire terrier, took him to the vet after seeing that he had a sore neck, that he was having trouble walking and that he was having a bad time. he showed signs of convulsions.

The veterinarian in Beauly, near Inverness, feared the 13-year-old might have a brain tumor and X-rays of his head.

Toby's fully recovered
Picture:
Toby's fully recovered

The pictures showed that he had a 7 cm sewing needle with tied wire lodged in his neck, which was dangerously close to his brain.

We do not know how he got there, but veterinarians suspect that he ate it or put his head on it.

An X-ray showed that Toby had a needle in his neck
Picture:
It is thought that Toby may have eaten the needle or put his head on it

Toby was transferred to the Small Animal Hospital of the University of Edinburgh, where a CT scan was used to assess any damage to the spinal cord.

Specialized radiography equipment was used during the operation to visualize the needle in real time, thus allowing surgeons to remove it without resorting to an invasive procedure.

This was done last August, since when Toby has fully recovered.

Toby had a needle lodged in his neck
Picture:
The owners of Toby say they are delighted to see him again as before.

"We think that without the help of experts from Edinburgh, Toby would not be here today," said owner Alexander Jamieson.

"The care and attention he received was out of this world and we are delighted to see him again as before."

Samantha Woods, Lecturer at the Edinburgh Small Animal Hospital, said: "We are really excited to see Toby again healthy, thanks to the combined efforts of our veterinarians and our teams of specialists. here in Edinburgh. "