Domestic cats rescued as a candle unleash a shallow fire in Selby - Yorkshire Post

Two cats were rescued intact from a shallow fire caused by a burning candle.

Crews of the North Yorkshire and Humberside Fire Departments were summoned to Barlby Road, Selby, just past 7:00 pm last night (Friday).

When the fire broke out, no one was home, but the smoke detectors went off.

There was fire, heat and smoke damage in the living room and smoke damage in the rest of the apartment.

A spokesman for the fire in North Yorkshire said the cause had been "presumably an unattended candle".

Four firefighters carrying a respirator walked into the apartment and used two hose nozzles, a thermal imaging camera, light sources, and a forced ventilation fan to fight the fire.