A driver of alcoholic beverages and drug addicts who escaped after a collision was asked to perform 80 hours of unpaid work.

Jonathan Hutton, 21, of Rusland Crescent, Ulverston, was caught with 51 micrograms of alcohol per 100 ml of breath.

Damage was caused to an Opel Vivaro in an accident on Prince Street in the city, before he was able to stop and report it, magistrates told Reuters. south of Cumbria.

The proportion of a controlled drug, benzoylecgonine, was greater than the specified limit. He admitted all three offenses and was banned from driving. He was also asked to pay a £ 170 fee and a surcharge.

A BARROW man denied having damaged a glass panel in a door for £ 170 in an addiction action.

Christopher Parkinson, 32, of School Street, denied the charge of causing criminal damage to Unity on June 5, while he was appearing in South Cumbria Court of First Instance.

He will be tried on December 5 before the same court.

He was released on bail unconditionally.

A BARROW man tried to wound one policeman, bit another and spit on the third, a court said.

Aaron Bell of Roose Road has admitted two counts of assaulting an emergency worker when he appeared in the South Cumbria Court of First Instance in Barrow.

The 24-year-old also admitted possession of Class B cannabis after being searched by police on October 5th.

Mr. Bell should also be tried for other alleged offenses. He denies the assault, the criminal damage and the theft which concern the same victim, his ex-partner. He allegedly kicked her, stole £ 60 from her purse and threw her phone to the floor.

He will be tried on November 22 at the Barrow court.

A BARROW man was subjected to a curfew after being caught driving while drunk.

Graham Mitchell was arrested by police while driving a Kia on Greengate Road in town on October 22 this year. He had 93 micrograms of alcohol per 100 ml of breath, heard the South Cumbria Court of First Instance.

The village of Newbarns, 38, admitted the offense.

He was banned from the road for 23 months and magistrates also imposed a curfew on him, which means that he must stay inside from 7 pm to 7 am for eight weeks. He was also told to pay £ 175 fee and a fee.

A BARROW woman has been ordered to perform 90 hours of unpaid work.

Laura-May Thomas, of Smeaton Street, pleaded guilty to two assaults and possession of a Class A drug during her appearance in the South Cumbria Court of First Instance on Wednesday.

The 25-year-old admitted to assaulting Kiera Falloon and Kayleigh McInnes in Barrow on April 5th.

She also admitted to being found in possession of cocaine on the same date.

Thomas was fined £ 60, fined £ 85 and victim fine surcharge £ 85, victim's compensation £ 50, and £ 50 for Mrs Falloon and £ 120 for Ms McInnes.

A woman must appear in court, accused of failing to stop after a car accident.

Maxine Elizabeth Turner of School Knott Drive in Windermere is charged with driving a Ford Focus between June 5 and 6 and colliding with a Mitsubishi Shogun.

The collision would have occurred at School Knott Drive.

Turner is also charged with causing damage to a garage located in another property on the street and failing to stop after the collision and report it to the owners.

The 48-year-old will appear in the South Cumbria District Court on November 13.