ein the Scottish Court of Appeals, the compulsory break imposed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson on the British Parliament has been declared unlawful. The British news agency PA reported on Wednesday from the courtroom.

The three Scottish judges chaired by Lord Carloway, the highest judge in Scotland, overruled a previous ruling prohibiting courts from intervening in Prime Minister Boris Johnson's political decision to force the lower house into compulsory detention.

About 75 parliamentarians had sued. They see Johnson's closure of the House of Commons for weeks before the country's October 31st exit from the EU as an inadmissible restriction on Parliament. Similar lawsuits were filed before courts in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and London. The High Court in London had initially dismissed a similar action. A final decision should now be taken by the UK Supreme Court.

As the Guardian reported, the UK government will appeal the Scottish court's ruling before the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has already scheduled a hearing on 17 September for the Scottish and English cases, along with a third lawsuit in Belfast.

The parliamentary resolution had taken effect on the night of Tuesday, at the ceremony, there had been tumultuous scenes in the lower house. Members of the opposition raised protest marks with the inscription "Silenced" and chanted "shame on you" in the direction of the government faction. Parliament President John Bercow spoke of an "act of executive empowerment". Labor leader Jeremy Corbyn accused Johnson of closing parliament to avoid being held accountable. The deputies should meet only on 14 October again.

This continues Johnson's defeat series. Previously, he failed, including twice with a request for re-election. There is thus no possibility for a new election before the planned Brexit date. On their last day before the five-week break, MEPs voted, inter alia, for the issuance of government documents and internal communications on Johnson's compulsory break.

This Thursday, EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier wanted to inform parliamentary group leaders about the state of talks with London.