Por Julien Ponthus
LONDON, Feb 22 (Reuters) – The dollar trimmed losses on early trading in Europe on Monday, after falling to multi-year lows against the pound, as progress in vaccines, expectations of further economic growth and inflation accelerated rates pushed up bond yields.
* 10-year US and German government bond returns reached one-year and eight-month highs, respectively, as traders continued to reflate.
* The British pound hovered around $ 1.40 after hitting $ 1.4043, the highest since April 2018. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to present the path out of lockdown later on Monday. , based on a rapid vaccination of the population.
* The yen lost 0.33% to 105.78 units per dollar, while the euro depreciated 0.2% to $ 1.2095 ahead of the publication of a survey on confidence in Germany and a speech at the 1345 GMT by the president of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde.
* The dollar index was up 0.28% to 90.543.
* In the cryptocurrency market, bitcoin fell from the all-time high of $ 58,354.14 reached over the weekend and was trading at $ 56,039.
(Reporting by Julien Ponthus; Edited in Spanish by Javier Leira)