Harry and Meghan forced to give up their “Sussex Royal” brand

Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, will not use their “Sussex Royal” brand in any territory after spring 2020, “confirmed a spokesman for the royal couple.

The couple intended to use it for their charitable foundation, but now they will be forced to change their brand.

“While the Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organization, given the specific UK government rules surrounding the use of the word Royal, it has therefore been agreed that their non-profit organization Profit, when it is announced this spring, will not be called the Sussex Royal Foundation, “the spokeswoman said in a statement given to NBC News.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use” SussexRoyal “in any territory after the spring of 2020. Therefore, trademark applications filed as protective measures, which are based on advice and following the same model as The Royal Foundation, have been removed. “

It was announced Wednesday that the couple will officially begin their new life away from the royal family on March 31st.

As a result, the couple will no longer have an office in Buckingham Palace, a couple spokesman told the British Press Association news agency.

However, Harry will be allowed to maintain his military ranks as a major, lieutenant commander and squadron leader, and the royal couple will also continue to be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, as well as the Earl and Countess of Dumbarton and the Baron and Baroness Kilkeel, said the spokeswoman.

Sussex stunned the public when they announced last month that they intended to “withdraw” from the royal family, divide their time between the UK and North America and start paying their bills.

A dramatic week followed when the palace announced that Queen Elizabeth II wanted to quickly reach an agreement on the couple’s future. Harry met his grandmother; his father, Prince Charles; and his older brother, Prince William, on his Sandringham estate.

It was later announced that they would no longer be real seniors, who would divide their time between Canada and the United Kingdom, with the majority spent in North America, and that they would no longer be known as its real peaks.

A few days later, Harry said that the decision to step back was not a decision that he had taken lightly and that had brought him “great sadness that it came to this”.

The couple lived on the picturesque island of Vancouver in the northeastern Pacific Ocean, just off the coast of British Columbia.

Their departure from royal duties marked the end of a tumultuous period for the Sussex, who saw them criticized in some circles for the appearance in a documentary by the British broadcaster ITV, in which they spoke of the family fractures and the pressures they were facing.

The pair also fought against British tabloids.

Shortly after Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was born in May, the couple sued the parent company The Mail on Sunday, Associated Newspapers, after the tabloid published a private letter written by Meghan to her father.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.