Do you want to join in the fun and create a Facebook avatar on your own, but you can’t? You are not alone, according to KSAT.
Fidji Simo, the head of the Facebook app, answered some questions after the avatar announcement last week.
According to Simo, avatars are in the process of being launched and will soon be here for those who don’t have them yet.
Here are some of the reasons why it indicated why you may not see an option to create an avatar and how you can try starting the process:
- Check if you are using the latest version of the Facebook app
- Open your Facebook messenger and click on the “smiley face” button, then on the sticker tab, then on “Create your avatar!”
- Click the Facebook icon at the bottom of the screen, then scroll down and select “See more”, then click “Avatar”, click “Next”, then “Get Started”.
- A Reddit user said he made sure your location is activated on Facebook
- Another Reddit user said he was able to get his own using the “get it” icon in the lower right corner of someone else’s avatar
Once you are able to create your avatar, you can match it to your physical appearance and select clothes for it.
Copyright 2020 by WSLS 10 – All rights reserved.