Thousands of protesters continue to challenge the ban on wearing masks in Hong Kong as clashes again took place between protesters and authorities.

A bomb was thrown at the door of a subway station. Two government offices and a café were vandalized, although the atmosphere on Saturday was less tense than during recent protests as the police had not used tear gas or fired on protesters.

Crowds of people dressed mostly in black gathered Saturday afternoon on the waterfront of the Tsim Sha Tsui tourist area before protesting against the government's invocation of the ordinance. urgency adopted in the colonial era a little over a week ago.

Law enforcement has prevented the legislator from banning the use of protective masks during demonstrations and public assemblies in an effort to suppress the anti-government protests that are at their 18th. week.

Since the order was implemented, it has provoked several more violent protests, fearing that the government would arbitrarily introduce more draconian measures to suppress civil liberties.

Many demonstrators wore medical masks Saturday, but some also wore hoods. A large number of riot police have been deployed in different districts along the road. The protesters took control of the main artery and blocked the traffic.

The spectators mocked and shouted obscenities against agents wearing black masks and not showing their police numbers.

The atmosphere became tense when an officer rushed to a young couple who was wearing medical masks but was not part of the protest. Take off your bloody masks. Show your identity cards, he shouted. Another officer said, "See a doctor if you are sick."

Passersby shouted at the police. A young father, holding his infant daughter, told them, "Pay attention to the kind of world you create for your own children." Several police officers rushed to intimidate him.

His wife said in tears, "We are protesting today precisely because we have a child. If we do not speak on behalf of others now, who will? "

Outside the Prince Edward subway, people were lighting incense and paying homage to a makeshift sanctuary decorated with white flowers. Many believed that people had died on the scene after being beaten by police in late August and accused the government of concealment.

A 55-year-old man, who burst into tears after bowing to the shrine, said, "I am convinced that people have died here. I have no confidence in the government.

A policeman shouted and pointed a metal stick on the face of an elderly woman who was trying to mediate between him and an angry protester, leaving her shaking.

Meanwhile, protesters ransacked two government offices and a cafe considered favorable in Beijing. A bomb bomb was launched on the grid of a subway station located away from the course of the event.

The protesters broke glass and sprayed graffiti on the walls of the government offices in Kowloon and Cheung Sha Wan. Police said the protesters also broke the gate, entered the buildings and lit a fire.

Elsewhere, hundreds of masked protesters chanted slogans such as "I'm all right to wear a mask" and sang the hymn of the Glory protest in Hong Kong at a Sha Tin mall in the evening. Some had their faces painted while others played musical instruments.

A 15-year-old student said, "I can not stop wearing a mask just because of fear. We should resist an unfair law and an unfair regime. "

Dozens of seniors held a sit-in outside the police headquarters to protest the beating and arrest of people as young as 12 years old. Hong Kong officials said that one-third of the 2,200 protesters arrested during the four-month-old unrest were under 18.

Hong Kong police issued a statement condemning vandalism and unauthorized gatherings.