# MakeSolo2Happen: Fans are demanding that the “Solo: A Star Wars Story”, which has fallen short of expectations, be continued. According to director Ron Howard, there are currently no plans to do so. But a little hope is justified.
“Solo: A Star Wars Story” will run on Sunday, November 22, 2020, from 8.15 p.m. on ProSieben.
If “Solo: A Star Wars Story” had been a hit, like the other “Star Wars” films were, Lucasfilm would very likely have been working on “Solo 2” long ago (in terms of content, a sequel is obvious).
But the prequel about the young smuggler (played by Alden Ehrenreich) fell well short of Disney’s financial expectations – he came to cinemas too quickly after “Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi” and had the big problem that many viewers simply wanted to see no one else in the role of Han Solo than Harrison Ford.
So “Solo 2” is done for now. According to Ron Howard, who took over the “solo” direction after the original directors were kicked out and reported on the LCB Podcast (via CinemaBlend) was recently asked again about a possible sequel, no sequel is currently being worked on – neither as a film nor as a series for the streaming service Disney +, where the “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian” is currently in its second season and where all of them “Star Wars” films are available as stream.
» “Solo” & more at Disney +*
So currently “Solo 2” doesn’t seem to be an issue at Disney and Lucasfilm. But Howard pointed out that fans want the film and there is still a lot to tell.
We wouldn’t be surprised if Disney and Lucasfilm actually fulfill this fan wish in the future.
Fans want “Solo 2” – and there is already a story
Anyone who knows the end of “Solo: A Star Wars Story” can imagine that the authors Lawrence and Jonathan Kasdan must have ideas for a sequel. In May 2019, Jonathan Kasdan hinted in the context of the # MakeSolo2Happen movement on Twitter that there was a war story that had yet to be told.
The three symbols in the tweet are from the crime syndicates Crimson Dawn (led by Darth Maul), the Pykes, and the Hutts. So the prospect of war would be waged between these organizations, presumably by very dirty means – and Han and Chewie would be right in the middle.
Although this story could certainly be told without the duo if necessary – which would most likely be necessary if Alden Ehrenreich doesn’t feel like returning after the lukewarm reaction to his performance in the role.
In the video, FILMSTARTS video editor Sebastian Gerdshikow explains the curious story behind the unsuccessful “Star Wars” film “Solo”:
* This Disney + link is an affiliate link. By taking out a subscription via this link, you support FILMSTARTS. This has no effect on the price.