The raid was conducted today and more than 200 faithful have ordered homes. The local council says that the current Imam, his religious leader, had ignored the city’s new rules regarding holding meetings because of the risk. He promised his ignorance of the orders approved in Venice which also included the closure of museums, schools, libraries, museums and tourist attractions until at least March 2nd. The annual carnival which attracts up to 200,000 people has also been canceled.
A statement from the Venice council confirmed: “This morning in Piazzale Madonna Pellegrina 1, the religious on Friday was held in a room used as a mosque, with almost 200 people. Inside the rooms located on the ground floor there were about 90 people, while many were out waiting for the next function “.
“The intervention of the local police of Mestre, with a team of patrolling agents in the area, interrupted the prayer meeting for non-compliance with the contingent and urgent ordinance of the Ministry of Health and the President of the Region, which prohibits events with meetings of people. The ordinance also postponed all religious rites. “
“It should be noted that many of the participants were equipped with surgical masks but, informed of the violation for public health reasons, they all left without protest.”
“The agents proceeded with the reclamation of the premises while the imam present had been reported for failure to comply with the provisions of the Authority, pursuant to article 650 of the penal code.
“He admitted that he saw more people in his club than usual and said he was unaware of the ban.”
Venice also ordered the disinfection of the city, both on land and in water.
The Venice council has not yet announced what it will do with the current ban due to expire on March 2.
Ten regions across Italy are en bloc, with over 650 coronaviruses confirmed and 17 deaths. The regions including Lombardy, near Milan and Veneto, near Venice, were the most affected.