34.8 C
London
Friday, August 7, 2020

Latest news on Meghan and Harry: Charles and William “stretch” with “love” as concern grows | Real | news

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle resigned from their role as royal royalty and retired to Canada, where they hope to start a new, quieter life. But their plans have already proven dubious, as paparazzi culture and media intrusion into their new home prove more frightening than ever without the protection of the royal family.

The Sunday Times reported sources close to the royal family that Prince Charles and Prince William “contacted” the couple with “love and affection on standby”.

Charles and William are said to be eager to let the couple know that they are welcome to return to the UK without having to resume their official royal duties.

Senior rulers are now drawing up contingency plans to provide Meghan and Harry, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a safe haven in the United Kingdom if things become dangerous in Canada.

Courtiers fear that the pressure of media control on Vancouver Island, where the Sussex resides, will cause a heavy tribute to the already tired media couple.

READ ALL: The royalty pay tribute to Australia Day in the midst of the fire crisis

Sources have previously stated that the couple is under severe strain after issuing a legal warning about media intrusion after Harry had just arrived in Canada to join his wife and their child, Archie.

Meghan had been taken by photographers who hid in the bushes while walking with Archie and their two dogs.

A source said: “The palace is very concerned about the Sussex because they are vulnerable outside the family embrace.

“They are making contingency plans in case the Sussex suddenly turn around and say, ‘Can we get back under your wing?'”

The source added: “This is something that looks to the future. There is no timeline here. But everyone agrees that this is a fragile couple. Nobody will say, no, they can’t come back. “

Comments come when Harry’s father, Prince Charles, described himself as a “peacekeeper” in an interview with the Sunday Times.

The Prince of Wales was talking about his official job before a historic visit to Israel and Palestine.

He said: “I have spent most of my life trying to bring people together” and said that he has tried to be a “peacemaker”.

Charles was said to have played a key role in the Sandringham summit, during which the queen presided over the agreement formalizing the departure of Meghan and Harry.

The Prince of Wales did not comment directly on the situation with his youngest son and daughter-in-law and referred to the Middle East when he revealed that he was praying for peace.

He said: “I think the most important thing in the region is a just and lasting peace. Yes, please. I pray very hard all the time.”

Latest news

Government “ax stamp duty for six months on homes worth up to £ 500k”

According to the report, the Chancellor is expected to announce a six-month stamp holiday to help the UK housing market. Rishi Sunak...

Post-lockdown ‘unrecognizable’ Magaluf with empty streets and ‘chaos’ restaurant – World News

Brits flying to Magaluf's post-lockdown could be greeted with an "unrecognizable" ghost town. The holiday spot on the island of Majorca is...

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith complains about the Premier League rule after the defeat of Liverpool

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith complained of the five substitutes' provisional rule after seeing his team lose to Liverpool. Sadio Mane and...

No social distance as the pubs open on Super Saturday

Old Compton Street in Soho, London, was full of drinkers on "Super Saturday" despite the strong police presence. (Justin Tallis / AFP via...

Related news

Government “ax stamp duty for six months on homes worth up to £ 500k”

According to the report, the Chancellor is expected to announce a six-month stamp holiday to help the UK housing market. Rishi Sunak...

Post-lockdown ‘unrecognizable’ Magaluf with empty streets and ‘chaos’ restaurant – World News

Brits flying to Magaluf's post-lockdown could be greeted with an "unrecognizable" ghost town. The holiday spot on the island of Majorca is...

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith complains about the Premier League rule after the defeat of Liverpool

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith complained of the five substitutes' provisional rule after seeing his team lose to Liverpool. Sadio Mane and...

No social distance as the pubs open on Super Saturday

Old Compton Street in Soho, London, was full of drinkers on "Super Saturday" despite the strong police presence. (Justin Tallis / AFP via...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.