Madagascar seeks immediate revenge on Côte d’Ivoire when they meet in qualifying for the African Cup of Nations on Tuesday afternoon (starts at 1pm).
Patrice Beaumelle’s men, who top Group K, are tied on points with Madagascar and took a 2-1 victory last time out thanks to goals from Gervinho and a rookie Sébastien Haller.
The island nation is heading into this game having won just three of its last eight AFCON qualifying games at home as they push for a second tournament entry, after reaching the quarterfinals of the 2019 competition.
Where to watch Madagascar vs Ivory Coast on TV:
- United Kingdom: N / A
- WE: beIN SPORTS CONNECT
Where to stream the game live:
United Kingdom: Bet365 * is broadcasting this match live for account holders. Those who no longer have a Bet365 account and are interested in streaming Madagascar vs Ivory Coast live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click this link .
- ‘Join now’ and enter the details.
- Login and fund the new account.
- Choose your desired event from the ‘Live Now’ or ‘Schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘Live Stream’ category.
* Geographical restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and bids included in this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:00, 11/14/2020)
Previous lineups of Madagascar and Ivory Coast:
- Madagascar (against Ivory Coast): Adrien; Métanire, Morel, Fontaine, Mombris; Raveloson, Ilaimaharitra; Nomenjanahary, Héry, Voavy; Andria.
- Ivory Coast (against Madagascar): Gbohouo; Aurier, Deli, Boly; Gradel, Kessié, Serey Dié, Cornet; Grandpa, Kodjia, Gervinho.
There are no major absences for Madagascar boss Nicolas Dupuis, who could make a couple of changes from the team that lost in Abidjan a few days earlier. Ibrahim Amada, Loïc Lapoussin and Hakim Djamel Abdallah are the ones pushing to get started. Sébastien Haller, meanwhile, hopes to be there from kick-off after coming off the bench to score on his Ivory Coast debut.
Players to watch:
- Madagascar: Very few endorse Madagascar at 92nd in the rankings to cause a surprise, but such is the beauty of football that anything is possible. If they are going to beat a strong team from the Ivory Coast, then a great responsibility must fall on their attacking players. Someone who will be willing to shoulder that responsibility is the veteran forward. Paulin Voavy . The 33-year-old is the most experienced player in Nicolas Dupuis’ team with 57 appearances to date and his most prolific scorer at 15 goals, he also scored against the West African giants in the reverse match.
- Ivory Coast: It’s been a start regular for Sebastien Haller at West Ham this season. The 26-year-old shooter has completed the full 90 minutes only once in England’s top flight and has recorded a goal to date, which came in a two-minute cameo against Wolves. It has been a different story in the League Cup though, as he scored four goals in three games. A former France Under-21 star, Haller recently made his international debut for Côte d’Ivoire replacing Jonathan Kodjia in the 23rd minute. He restored the faith of coach Patrice Beaumelle when he scored midway in the second half. Haller hopes that is enough to start as he looks to create a scoring streak at this level.