A man was stabbed in front of the home office building near Westminster.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they were summoned to the Whitehall Building at 1:16 pm on Thursday after being reported by a man with a knife.

A man was arrested and detained on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

In its first statement, the police said that the victim had suffered life-threatening injuries, but these were later changed to non-life threatening.

<div data-embed-data = "

"data-on-all-screens =" ​​true ">

Sorry, this content is not available on your device.

Local photographers captured the moment when a bloody-faced man was escorted out of the building on Marsham Street.

A barista working opposite the Home Office said she saw a man "full of blood" coming out of the government building.

She said the victim was apparently in her fifties and shirtless when he was helped by paramedics.

The eyewitness said, "He had only pants, nothing on top … He was full of blood, he was accompanied by police and paramedics …

"I only saw the police when the police came in. He came out of the building – the cops come in and take him out."

Gareth Milner said he was eating his lunch on the wall in front of the Home Office when "a number of armed policemen arrived on site and entered the building."

Mr. Milner added, "Some time later, a gentleman with a bloody face and a bandage of paramedics from the Ministry of the Interior pressed into his face was escorted.

"He was calm and walked on his own without any physical support.

Interior Minister Priti Patel tweeted, "All my thoughts are with the victim and his family after a terrible, unproven knife attack on Marsham Street."

<div data-embed-data = "

"data-on-all-screens =" ​​true ">

Sorry, this content is not available on your device.

A statement by the city police said, "The officers sought out a man with knife injuries.

"The London Ambulance Service has visited the address where they are with the injured.

"The injuries are currently being treated as life-threatening."

"A man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and taken to a police station.

"The exact circumstances of the incident are currently being queried."

A spokesperson for the London Rescue Service said, "We were summoned to Great Peter Street, SW1, today (15 August) at 13:11 to report an incident.

"We've dispatched a dispatcher, an ambulance in an emergency vehicle, a motorcycle paramedic, and an ambulance crew.

"We treated a local man and took him to a large trauma center."

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry said, "The city police are investigating a knife attack that took place outside the Ministry of the Interior this afternoon.

"This is a deeply worrying incident, and our thoughts are with him and his family.

"Since this is an ongoing investigation, it would be inappropriate to comment further."