Watch the highlights of the games at 17:15 on skysports.com and in the Sky Sports app
Last update: 13.09.19 13:53
Team news, important statistics and predictions of Tottenham vs. Crystal Palace in the Premier League
Tottenham should be promoted by the return of several players. Record Signature Tanguy Ndombele was back in training this week after a thigh problem and hopefully will start.
Summer Companion Ryan Sessegnon (thigh) is available alongside Eric Dier (hip) and Kyle Walker-Peters (thigh), but Davinson Sanchez undoubtedly has an ankle injury. Argentinian internationals Giovani Lo Celso and Juan Foyth are also out with hip and ankle problems.
crystal Palace Chef Roy Hodgson will evaluate Scott Dann and James McArthur. Center-Back Dann missed a 1-0 win against Aston Villa with a hand injury but was able to return while midfielder McArthur was screened for an unspecified injury. Defender Martin Kelly (groin) and striker Connor Wickham stay out.
How to watch
Follow the action with our dedicated live blog. The highlights of the game will be posted on the internet at 5:15 pm Sky sports Website and App as well as the Friendly match football Youtube channel.
- Tottenham have won the last eight Premier League games against Crystal Palace, conceding only one goal. Only against Birmingham (September 10, 1964) and Blackpool (January 9, 1964) did they have longer victories in their top history.
- Crystal Palace have not won any of their last seven away games against Spurs (D2 L5) and have not scored in their last six games.
- Tottenham lost their last home game in the Premier League against West Ham in April 1-0. They have most recently lost the domestic London derbies in the league in November 2004 (against Charlton and Arsenal).
- Tottenham have lost two of their last four home games (W1 D1) – more than in the last 30 Premier League games at White Hart Lane / Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (W25 D4 L1).
- Crystal Palace beat Man City, Arsenal and Manchester United (L2) in their last five away games in the Premier League against the "big six", while Anfield last won away. In fact, since the start of the 2016/17 season, the Eagles have won at five of the Big Six branches (more than any other club), with Tottenham being the only exception.
- The Spurs are 127 minutes behind in the Premier League – 22 minutes more than any other team.
Charlie Nicholas's prediction:
Tottenham have a hard time defensively solid – they lost 13 league games last year. Crystal Palace won at Old Trafford and played well for it. Gary Cahill has improved her defensively, and as these things begin to evolve, you can see them in action.
Tottenham came home from behind to Aston Villa, they made it to Arsenal, they were lucky against Man City and they were beaten by Newcastle, so it does not look very good at the moment. It will be another long day for their supporters. It will be an oppressed counterattack by Palace – it's going to be an awkward day, but in the end they'll make it.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)
Soccer Saturday Super 6: A Jackpot of £ 250,000 has to be won!
PLAY FREE: £ 250,000 is GUARANTEED this weekend, whether you score 30 points or not!