Military expert Oleg Zhdanov believes that there is no peace plan to resolve the situation in Donbas. Otherwise, something similar would have been announced by France and Germany.
According to him, there is a key contradiction in Donbass – this is control over the state border between Ukraine and Russia. Obozrevatel.
“This (the question of control over the border, – ed.) stumbling block. Whatever compromises are invented, all the same, everything rests on one question: the border before the elections or the border after the elections. This is our fundamental divergence. Everything else suits Russia completely. They wrote the Minsk agreements themselves, “Zhdanov said.
The military expert believes that there is no sense in the peaceful plan.
“The plan cannot consist in anything. If we believe that Russia is not a party to the conflict, then with whom do we agree? With whom should we conclude a peace plan? With ourselves? Zelensky either out of inexperience or because he was told so, on The Paris summit actually brought Russia out of this conflict. He said that “the other side” is fighting there – the militants, and Russia is helping them in every way. Instead of saying: sorry, but we have a conflict with the Russian Federation. Therefore, any plan does not make sense “, – he explained.
According to Zhdanov, the next meeting in the Normandy format also makes no sense.
“Neither in Minsk nor in the Normandy format. Until we determine the side of the conflict, we have no one to negotiate with,” he summed up.
Read alsoArestovich accused the Kremlin of lying about the peace plan for Donbass
Settlement of the situation in Donbass – as Glavred wrote about earlier:
- On March 9, the head of the President’s Office Andriy Yermak said that “today on the table is a specific peace plan proposed by Germany and France, finalized by Ukraine, which, we believe, meets the spirit of Minsk and complies with international law.” According to him, now everyone expects the Kremlin’s position.
- The head of the OP also expressed the hope that the initiative will be the subject of discussion during the videoconference in the Normandy format.
- On March 10, the press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov said that he did not have any information about the existence of a finalized plan for resolving the situation in Donbass.
- The head of the Ukrainian delegation to the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) Leonid Kravchuk spoke in favor of expanding the “Normandy format” at the expense of the United States. In his opinion, the presence of the United States will “strengthen the spine” of the negotiations.
- Deputy Head of the President’s Office Yulia Sviridenko said that the OP considers it necessary to involve the United States in the Minsk negotiations and the Normandy format talks on Donbass. They are confident that Washington’s participation will make the negotiation process more effective.