Pep Guardiola rejected the idea of Manchester City that brings Jadon Sancho back to Etihad to replace Leroy Sane.
City has signed a £ 55 million deal with Bayern Munich for the PFA Young Player of the Year 2018 to switch to Bundesliga champions at the end of the season. Having paid the price for not replacing Vincent Kompany this season, all eyes are on the Blues to see how they will deal with the loss of Sane and David Silva this summer.
An option could be Sancho, the 20-year-old English national who left City in 2017 looking for a clearer path for first team football. City has the option to match any offer that arrives for the Dortmund forward as part of that sale and could compete with United neighbors for his signature.
However, Guardiola previously suggested that the club’s priorities lay elsewhere and cited Phil Foden, Riyad Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling as potential options on the left.
When asked about the player on Wednesday, the coach said he doesn’t expect Sancho to return to a club he decided to leave three years ago.
“No, no. No, he decided to leave, why should he decide to return?” He said.
“We wanted him to stay like Eric Garcia and Phil now. He decided as Leroy now, so when he decided to move to Dortmund it’s not because he will decide to come back a year later. It wouldn’t make sense.
“He didn’t want to be here, so that’s why I think he doesn’t want to come back here.”