Crime reports are a selection of incidents that local law enforcement agencies respond to. They are not meant to be all-inclusive.
• A 31-year-old mayor was charged Tuesday with an address in Waterloo Road for domestic violence, a fourth-degree crime. An arrest warrant was issued for the arrest of the man.
• A 38-year-old Kent woman was charged with domestic violence, a first-degree offense, following a Tuesday incident. She has not found herself guilty and a temporary protection order has been filed.
• A 32-year-old Akron woman was charged with drug possession following a Tuesday incident, especially with methamphetamine, a fifth-degree crime. The bond was priced at $ 5,000.
• Dylan M. Tirpak, 25, of Ravenna Township, was charged with abusive handling of firearms in a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree crime. On Tuesday he allegedly had a pistol and a loaded magazine within reach during the trip. He was released on a $ 15,000 personal recognition bond.
• Kathryn P. Hicks, 38, of Ravenna, was accused of possessing two drugs, one in the fifth grade. She allegedly had 15½ hydrocodone and acetaminophen pills and a separate bag of methamphetamine on Tuesday. The bond was priced at $ 5,000.
• A 21-year-old woman from Ravenna Township was charged with assault, a second-degree crime. She reportedly used a brick to break a man's car windshield and her foot to damage the driver's side door on Dec. 1.
• Matthew J. Claar, 40, of Windham Township, was charged with domestic violence, a fourth-degree crime. Matthew was allegedly involved in a Wednesday dispute in which he grabbed another man by the neck, slammed him against a wall and strangled him. A preliminary protection order was filed and a warrant issued for him.
• John P. Marshall, 29, of Ravenna Township, was charged with abusive handling of firearms in a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree crime. On Tuesday, he allegedly hid a .22-piece gun under the floor mat of his car on the back passenger seat in Denny's 9449 Route 14 in Streetsboro. He was released for a $ 5,000 recognition bond.
Perry L. Lloyd, 28, of Charlestown, was charged with theft, a fifth-degree crime after allegedly using a Chase debit card to earn $ 154.54 on purchases on July 30th. The alleged victim is 70 years old. An arrest warrant for Lloyd has been issued.
• A 26-year-old canton writer was charged with carrying a hidden weapon, a first-degree offense, following an incident on Tuesday. He received a subpoena.