MIUI usually has quite aggressive management of RAM usage. In order to have enough memory for other apps in use or simply to improve battery consumption, the Xiaomi customization layer disable or close background apps.
Although in itself, this management can have great advantages, the truth is that it is usually quite counterproductive in certain cases. For example, if we use Mi Fit to connect our Xiaomi Mi Band 5 or any other app to synchronize our smartwatch and not the we always keep active in the background, it will no longer link correctly with our wearable.
It is because of that block and keep applications in the background on our Xiaomi It is essential for the expected performance. Next we will show you how to block and always keep an application active in MIUI.
Prevent background applications from closing on your Xiaomi
We already have a Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO, to prevent background apps from closing, The steps to follow are those:
- Access multitasking, either through the navigation button or through gestures (swipe from bottom to top).
- Press and hold the application that we want to block so that it always stays in the background.
- Click on the padlock icon.
In this way, we will achieve keep apps in the background. In addition, so that they never close, it is convenient to make the following adjustments:
- Go to Settings> Battery and performance
- Once inside we will click on the upper gear icon and we will go to «Battery saving in apps«.
- After that we will look for the application that we do not want to close, click on it and select «Without restrictions«.
With this we will be getting the battery saver nor restrict the use of the application and therefore it never closes.
Computer engineer addicted to new technologies. Current administrator and editor-in-chief at XiaomiAdictos.com.