Prince Harry and Meghan Markle “will not return for Prince Andrew’s 60th birthday”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not return for Prince Andrew’s family’s 60th birthday dinner because “they already have commitments”, but they plan to send a video message to play at the party, says the royal expert

  • The Duke and Duchess of Sussex currently reside in Canada with their son Archie
  • Prince Harry and Meghan left the role of senior members of the royal family last month
  • Prince Andrew turns 60 on February 19, but Sussexes won’t attend his party
  • The queen is believed to be organizing a “small family dinner” to mark the milestone
  • The Sussex have “daily commitments” but plan to send a gift and a video message

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not return to the UK to celebrate Prince Andrew’s 60th birthday, but will send a gift and video message to be reproduced at his party, according to a source.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have resided in Canada since they left senior members of the royal family last month.

British media correspondent Neil Sean told Fox News that it is an “open secret” that the couple declined the invitation to celebrate Harry’s uncle’s birthday.

“It is not very nice for the queen because, whatever people say and think, [Andrew] is [still] her son and she wanted her family close around her, “she said.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, pictured in January, will not return to the UK to celebrate Prince Andrew's 60th birthday - but will send a gift and video message to be reproduced at his party, according to a source.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, pictured in January, will not return to the UK to celebrate Prince Andrew’s 60th birthday – but will send a gift and video message to be reproduced at his party, according to a source.

In November it was reported that the monarch demolished plans to host a party for Prince Andrew (pictured last month in the church in Norfolk) to celebrate his 60th birthday in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

In November it was reported that the monarch demolished plans to host a party for Prince Andrew (pictured last month in the church in Norfolk) to celebrate his 60th birthday in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

“The reason given is that they already have commitments on that day, but they also plan to send a gift / card and a video message to play at the party.”

In November it was reported that the monarch demolished plans to host a party for Prince Andrew on the occasion of his 60th birthday in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

The Duke of York was fired from his royal duties following a notorious Newsnight interview, after which he was accused of showing a lack of empathy with Epstein’s victims.

The 93-year-old Queen is said to “privately support” her second child, but is also “deeply frustrated” that the scandal is obscuring the rest of the family’s work.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not participate in Harry’s uncle’s birthday celebrations as “they already have commitments on the day” but “they plan to send a gift / card and a video message to play at the party”

It is believed that Prince Andrew will still accompany his daughter Princess Beatrice down the corridor to his wedding at Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace on May 29th.

The couple has a close relationship and his sister Eugenia will also have a role in the wedding.

Last week it was reported that the queen offered to hold the wedding reception at Buckingham Palace to give her granddaughter a “moral boost”.

Yesterday, it emerged that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex withdrew all 15 of their employees and closed their Buckingham Palace office.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have resided in Canada with their son Archie since they left senior members of the royal family last month

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have resided in Canada with their son Archie since they left senior members of the royal family last month

Prince Andrew, pictured left during the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance in November, is believed to still accompany his daughter Princess Beatrix along the corridor to her wedding at Chapel Royal at St James's Palace on May 29

Prince Andrew, pictured left during the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance in November, is believed to still accompany his daughter Princess Beatrix along the corridor to her wedding at Chapel Royal at St James’s Palace on May 29

It is the safest sign that the couple and their son Archie, who turns one in May, are unlikely to return to the UK to live.

The couple broke the news to their team in person in January following the announcement that they were resigning from royal royalty.

While one or two may be reabsorbed into the royal family, most are negotiating redundancy packages.

British media correspondent Neil Sean told Fox News that it’s an “open secret” that the couple declined the invitation to celebrate Harry’s uncle’s birthday, but “it’s not very cute for the queen”. Pictured left to right: Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence, Prince Charles, Princess Anna, Queen, Princess Eugenia, Prince Andrew, Prince Harry, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Trooping of the Color in 2019

They are the latest victims of the decision by Harry, 35, and 38-year-old Meghan’s bomb to move to North America and make a fortune outside the Royal Family.

Last night Buckingham Palace said it did not comment on staff issues.

It is understood that the high royals, including the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William, are aware of the closure of the office and of the layoffs.

Advertisement

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.