What’s cool about this job?
Are you ready to make impact? Are you ready to take on a new job that provides a perfect platform to grow yourself and your career? Then read on:
Every day, you’ll be building lasting relationships with your prospects, helping them better understand common pain points within their roles and outlining how we can further help them overcome their challenges through our research, events and business consultants. Everyone likes to help people — and we’re going to pay you for doing just that!
What we’ll do for you to make each day amazing
You’ll often be making the first impression of ADP to our potential prospects – it is imperative we invest in you as to enable you to make that first impression truly amazing.
We’ll train and develop you to position yourself as a trusted advisor, allowing you to help and support the prospective buyer through commonly held areas of complexity. You’ll achieve this through uncovering pain points through sharing insights which help the prospective buyer find a way to overcome them. You’ll also encourage the prospective buyer to attend both in-person events and webinars.
When the prospect wants to learn even more (and goes into the detail), it’s time to hand the developed lead over to a field sales person, whereby you’ll set up and host a conference call to hand over the lead, detailing what the prospective buyer needs further help with.
If that all goes to plan, then you’ll be compensated through your commission plan. If the opportunity is developed to Closed Won, then you’ll be compensated once again.
Are you right for the role?
- Target driven
- Entrepreneurial and prepared to challenge the status quo
- Flexible attitude
- Enthusiastic and ambitious — has a clear desire to progress within a large organisation
- Self-motivated and confident
- Articulate with good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Proven ability to organise effectively, prioritise given workload and meeting deadlines — adherence to standards & detail
- Has clear understanding of importance of processes
Communication & Team Working
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable holding business discussions with high level executives
- Familiar with the role of Social Media in today’s sales environment
- Can build effective internal relationships with key ADP stakeholders
- Ability to develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues (District Mangers, Sales Mangers) and own team.
- Enthusiastic, committed and able to remain calm under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The post requires occasional travel within the UK where team meetings / training will be held.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Full sales training
- Career Progression
- Fun and relaxed office environment
Key objectives of a SDR at ADP is generate new business opportunities across key markets for our HCM solutions and maintain our position as a Global HCM provider.
To execute the above objectives through a mixture of researching prospect accounts, providing insight and learning for prospects – conveyed through high level conversations with c-suite contacts, warm lead follow up, social media and marketing collateral.
The successful candidate will provide a first-class service by working closely with the wider Marketing and Sales teams to maximise new business opportunities.
As part of a high-performance culture ensure that ADP is at the forefront of the market by promoting our services, profiling and researching existing / emerging companies to identify their business objectives and critical business issues. Maintenance of the Salesforce.com database is paramount.
Key Duties / Tasks
- To telephone profile and desk research the existing database of potential clients (Targets) in order to ensure all key details — Decision maker names, addresses, current suppliers, etc. — are identified as well as mapping the structure of each target account
- To utilise specialist research tools in order to identify Critical Business Issues within targeted accounts as well as keep track of issues and trends within the wider market.
- To utilise Social Media platforms in order to assess and follow topics within the HCM marketplace and to help promote ADP as an HCM Thought Leader and Challenger. To ensure that ADP is active and seen as a “trusted expert” in arenas where targets are self-teaching.
- To build close business relationships with selected accounts in order to ensure that ADP is at the forefront of the Target’s thinking when ready to review or has a critical business need.
- Using all of the above to produce a regular flow of qualified, sales ready opportunities — not simply appointments
- To work closely with Sales Managers and District Managers on any local campaigns or ‘one off’ events — such as Webinars – in terms of both profiling and follow up.
- In all instances to accurately update and maintain Salesforce.com to reflect all activity.
- To take part in regular ‘one to ones’ with SDR Manger to give/receive feedback, monitor performance / identify training needs.
- To take part in Company training sessions and ‘team days’
- Ultimately to take ownership and responsibility of individual tasks and targets to ensure the overall success of the team.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.