Star Wars day is celebrated on May 4, this began in the late 70s, when Margaret Thatcher won the British elections in 1979, becoming the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Through the London Evening News the chosen candidate was congratulated by the British Conservative Party using the following phrase “May the 4th Be With You, Maggie. Congratulations ».
Likewise, the similarity of this phrase with the one used in the George Lucas films “May the force be with you” was found by the same fans of the saga.
And since then, the Star Wars day has been celebrated every May 4, it is worth mentioning that the first celebration of the day of this saga took place in Canada.
How to celebrate Star Wars Day?
Although it was celebrated year after year, this could be a little different, because due to the Covid-19 pandemic you must be at home and this is how you can celebrate this Star Wars day:
- Doing a Saga marathon remember that the movies are on the Disney Plus platform.
- See The Mandalorian series, which is on the same platform.
- There will be a spin off of The Simpsons that will premiere tomorrow under the name “The Force Awakens From Its Nap”
- You can also visit virtual exhibitions online.
- Premiere of the animated series Star Wars: The Bad Batch will also be on Disney Plus.
How many and what are the Star Wars movies?
There are 11 films in this great saga and they are the following:
- In 1977, episode IV: a new hope.
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, in 1981.
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, 1983.
- In 1999, episode 1: the phantom menace.
- In 2002, episode ll: attack of the clones.
- Episode III: Revenge of the Sith arrived in 2005.
- In 2015, Episode Vll: The Force Awakens.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, arrived in 2016.
- In 2017, Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.
- Han Solo: One Star Wars Story, in 2018.
- In 2019, Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.
How to watch Star Wars in chronological order?
According to George Lucas in an interview he disclosed the order of episode one onwards, following the numbering.
“Just because it took a long time to shoot doesn’t mean you don’t do it in order,” George stressed.
According to the creator of the Saga, the films would be in the following chronological order:
- Episode l: the phantom menace (1999).
- Episode ll: Attack of the Clones (2002).
- Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005).
- Han Solo: One Star Wars Story (2018).
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, (2016).
- Episode IV: a new hope (1977).
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1981).
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983).
- Episode Vll: The Force Awakens (2015).
- Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017).
- Episode IX: the rise of Skywalker (2019).
Also seeing the 11 movies depends on the fans, and that they believe which is the best to start watching this one. saga, and this is how you can enjoy Star Wars day.