The McLaren duo had no luck in this classification. In the case of the Spanish pilot, he receives 3 places on the starting grid for obstructing Sergio Pérez. Meanwhile in the case of the Briton the penalty is 5 places for ignoring the double yellow flags at Turn 8.
In the case of the Williams driver, it is for the same cause as Lando Norris, but in turn 3. Additionally, due to multiple changes in the power unit, he was already starting from the back of the grid.
Below is the provisional starting grid for the Turkish GP:
1. Lance Stroll – (Racing Point)
2. Max Verstappen – (Red Bull)
3. Sergio Pérez – (Racing Point)
4. Alexander Albon – (Red Bull)
5. Daniel Ricciardo – (Renault)
6. Lewis Hamilton – (Mercedes)
7. Esteban Ocon – (Renault)
8. Kimi Räikkönen – (Alfa Romeo)
9. Valtteri Bottas – (Mercedes)
10. Antonio Giovinazzi – (Alfa Romeo)
11. Sebastian Vettel – (Ferrari)
12. Charles Leclerc – (Ferrari)
13. Pierre Gasly – (AlphaTauri)
Kevin Magnussen – (Haas)
15. Lando Norris – (McLaren) *
16. Carlos Sainz – (McLaren) **
17. Daniil Kvyat – (AlphaTauri)
18. Romain Grosjean – (Haas)
19. Nicholas Latifi – (Williams)
20. George Russell – (Williams) ***
3 penalty positions for blocking an opponent.
(**) 5 penalty positions for ignoring double yellow flags.
5 penalty positions for ignoring double yellow flags. Grill bottom for multiple power unit changes.
Tomorrow at 3:10 pm in Istanbul, the Turkish Grand Prix race will begin. Observe:
• LIVE broadcast of the race.
Hours in all countries.