A survivor of cancer choked after a mouthful of his KFC Double Down citizen had stuck in the throat, heard a court. Simon Shaw, 40, who survived a fight with leukemia ten years ago, had trouble eating his meal at a bus stop in the city center of Halifax on 14 July. The strip shop owner ran into a nearby newsagent and struck a bottle of orange Lucozade in an attempt to clear his airways and even give the shopkeeper £ 1 for the drink.

Cancer survivor Simon Shaw (right) was a fan of wrestling and comic books. He had previously met with former WWE superstar Hulk Hogan (photo) Newsline employee, Rauf Raja, told the Bradford Coroner & Court's inquest that Shaw stormed into the store with his KFC and another bag. Mr. Raja watched as Shaw tried to clear the blockade. by drinking the Lucozade. In his written statement to the court Raja said: "After two sips, I saw that he had difficulty breathing." There was a beep and Lucozade came back from his mouth. "Shaw motioned to the shopkeeper to hit his back and performed the Heimlich maneuver, a piece of food came out of his mouth when he performed the maneuver, but he still choked and could not talk." Mr. Raja said he was panicking called an ambulance and went outside to ask for help, he said, "He struggled to breathe and it got serious." I told him to lie down and I went outside to get help. I called an ambulance, but he had turned purple. "By the time the ambulance arrived, Shaw was in a cardiac arrest where they treated him on the spot, and was quickly taken to the Calderdale Royal Hospital, where he was new. life was revived and life support was given.

Shaw had traveled to the US for comic conventions. Pictured: Shaw with Lou Ferrigno, the star of Unbelievable Hulk from TV. Three days later, doctors confirmed that Shaw had sustained serious brain damage and after a meeting with his parents, Carol and Mark Shaw, agreed to drop the machine at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. 17. His mother called hiim a & # 39; great guy & # 39; who had opened Legacy Comics after he survived acute lymphocytic leukemia ten years ago. Said he was a "great guy". was, both as a buddy, a great lover in the comic world, a hang out for geeks, children, parents, outsiders and anyone else who had no one else to talk to or listen to. "He was really an all-round unobtrusive fabulous son," she added. "He really came into his own after the fight against leukemia when he was 30. Not only Mark and I are so devastated and distraught because of what happened, but my family, friends, customers, suppliers and contacts are hard hit and miss his smiley and open welcomes so much.

Shaw choked to death and ate a KFC Double Down Citizen. His artist and poetry friends are forced to draw, paint and write about him. & # 39; He was a small man who occupied a large space. & # 39; Mr. Shaw was known in the comic world and traveled to the US for the famous ComicCon convention, where he met a large number of celebrities. He was a fan of wrestling and heavy metal and was photographed with stars, including Hulk Hogan and Lou Ferrigno, the star of TV's Incredible Hulk. Senior coroner, Martin Fleming, told Mr. Shaw's family that it was no wonder that he touched the lives of so many people & # 39 ;. He said that the inquest had found that he died of cerebral hypoxia due to choking on food. Mr. Fleming said: "Losing a son under these unexpected circumstances must be so hard to bear."


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.