Four more deaths from covid while the increase in the occupation of ICUs takes Cantabria to level 4 of health alert

Cantabria has passed to health alert level 4 due to the number of people with coronavirus admitted to the Intensive Care Units (ICU), which today are 29, which represents an occupation of 27.6 percent. Between Sunday and Monday morning, in addition, there have been four new deaths from covid-19 and 236 more positives. The number of victims already rises to 269 in the region.

In addition, the number of hospitalized has risen to 179 (22 more than the day before) and the situation is also “getting complicated” in nursing homes, where there are currently a hundred active cases and 21 admitted, according to the Minister of Health, Miguel Rodríguez, who has offered these data in a meeting with the Government delegate, Ainoa Quiñones, and the Minister of the Presidency, Paula Fernández.

Regarding health personnel, there are 75 professionals infected in “practically all categories”, nurses being the most affected due to the higher volume of workers, followed by doctors.

Despite the jump from level 3 to 4, for the moment, before taking further action, Health will wait to see if the latest restrictions implemented in the autonomous community have an effect on the number of infections in the coming days. If not, and if the situation continues to complicate, additional measures will be considered prior to home confinement, such as tightening the curfew or further limiting capacity. These decisions could be made later this week or early next.

Rodríguez has advanced that this week will be “complicated” because last week there were more than 200 and 300 new infections and it is estimated that between 8% and 10% end up hospitalized a few days later. However, it has opted to be “prudent” before taking new measures and waiting for the latest measures – such as the curfew, the perimeter closure of Cantabria and the municipalities or the capacity restrictions – to begin to bear fruit, which According to experts, it happens around ten days after its application. “The projection is that things begin to improve next week,” he said.

In addition, the counselor has clarified that it is the Public Health technicians who have to indicate how to act, but has advanced that the new measures would affect the entire region and not only certain municipalities, although there are some with more cases -also due to size of its population-, because these are already closed. Specifically, the most affected in recent days has been Santander (with 454 cases in the last seven days), followed by Camargo (98), Torrelavega (83) and Castro Urdiales (82).

Harden the curfew

Given that there are no plans to apply measures in specific municipalities, the new actions could be related to “tightening” the curfew or lower the capacity even further. “We could still apply tougher measures” to reduce social interaction before decreeing a home confinement, he specified.

He also said that he “understands that people are tired” due to the restrictions that have been applied since the start of the pandemic, but “the toilets are even more tired”, has sentenced, insisting that social interaction still needs to be further reduced, which is “the only way to avoid contagion.”

In addition, he has warned that in places such as catering establishments “the rules are still not strictly complied with at certain times” when we know that “the only way to stop the virus is ourselves.”

In this regard, and regarding the appeal filed by the hoteliers in the courts against the restrictions in the sector, arguing that they represent a “covert closure” of their activity, Rodríguez has responded that they are within their rights but that “It is not a hidden closure, if we had wanted to make a closure we would have done it”. «Do you think that all the autonomous communities and all the European countries that have closed the hospitality industry is because they are against the hospitality industry? Obviously not ”, he has sentenced.

Suspend operations

On the other hand, he has emphasized that if the number of infections in recent days does not decrease, it will be necessary to suspend non-urgent hospital activity, which is something that is already “on the table.” “If this level of contagion continues, we will have to stop operating on people who have been waiting for a long time,” he lamented.

.

Johnson and Von der Leyen agree to “redouble efforts” toward a post-Brexit deal

The British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, and the president of the European Commission (EC), Ursula von der Leyen, they agreed ‘Redouble efforts’ towards a post-Brexit deal in a telephone conversation held this Saturday, a British government spokesman said.

The source noted that during the call, planned to Taking stock of the negotiationsJohnson noted that, while progress has been made, “significant differences persist in several areas” of common concern, including competition and fisheries.

The two leaders agreed that their respective teams will continue negotiations next Monday in London in order to “Redouble efforts to reach an agreement”, which would enter into force at the end, on December 31, of the post-Brexit transition period, which was formally executed on January 31.

For their part, Johnson and Von der Leyen “will remain in contact,” the spokesman said. If they fail to negotiate a bilateral pact, as of January 1, 2021, the United Kingdom and the European Union (EU) will start trading based on the generic, less beneficial regulations of the World Trade Organization (WTO).

.

▷ Meghan Markle’s vote in the US elections

Meghan Markle’s vote in the US elections.
OKDIARY

05/11/202019:07

In these last American electionss  Meghan Markle has been encouraged to vote in its public comments. ‘Page Six’ has been confirmed by sources close to the Sussex that the Duchess voted days before by post, and they go further by adding that she would also have exercised her right as an American citizen if she continued to live in the United Kingdom.

.

Four more deaths from covid in Cantabria while the ICU already exceeds 20% occupancy

It has been three weeks since the coronavirus has been spreading without restraint in Cantabria, setting off all the alarms: first the infections soared, then the hospitalizations grew and, then, the people admitted to the ICU. And for a few days, also the fatalities: throughout yesterday four deaths were recorded, same as Tuesday. To find such a high death toll, we must go back to April 26, when the curve of the first wave of the pandemic had already bent. In this way, covid has claimed the lives of 260 people since the start of the pandemic (according to the official count of the health authorities).

Another very worrying fact is the situation of the Valdecilla Intensive Care Unit (ICU), which houses the most serious cases of covid in all of Cantabria: there are 21 patients admitted, four more than the previous day, which means that the degree of occupancy of ICU beds now exceeds 20%, which compromises the operation of the rest of the health activity.

«It is a complicated data to manage» and that “It could put the entire health system of Cantabria at risk”, has alerted this Thursday the vice president of Cantabria, Pablo Zuloaga, who has appeared after the meeting of the Governing Council to give an account of the health news. “That is why we have to make an extraordinary effort to support health workers and those killed by the coronavirus,” he stressed.

“Having more than 20% of ICU beds occupied by patients with covid is difficult to manage and can put the entire health system at risk”
Pablo Zuloaga, Vice President of Cantabria

Currently, the cumulative incidence at 14 days is 417 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, which has placed Cantabria, since Tuesday, in a phase of high risk of hospital collapse (level 3 of 4), with which this implies new restrictions to try to bend the curve, including the prohibition of mobility between municipalities that came into force yesterday, the extension of the perimeter closure of Cantabria until November 18, and the prohibition to access the interior of bars and restaurants, which will be in force from the early hours of Saturday.

Beyond the ICU, they are 152 the total number of patients admitted to hospitals in the region, three more than 24 hours before.

The daily infections suffered a slowdown yesterday, with 154 new cases compared to 236 on Tuesday, but it does not seem that it is the result of a change in trend of the wave, because this Thursday, until ten in the morning, another 138 infections had already been recorded, which indicates that the figure at the end of the day may be again alarming.

The data provided this morning by Zuloaga reflects that the number of active cases stands at 2,499, of which 2,347 are in home quarantine since their condition is not serious and hospitalization is not necessary.

There are eleven nursing homes with active cases: the most important outbreaks are located in San José de Villacarriedo, which has 25 positives although it reached almost double, and in Hijos del Mar de Igollo, with 30

In global figures, since the pandemic began in March, Cantabria accumulates 11,923 positives, of which 9,164 have been cured, which means 77 percent of the total.

Of these almost 12,000 cases, 10,930 of them have been detected by PCR tests and another 993 by serological tests.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, 245,107 tests on a total of 147,925 people, which implies an average of 421 tests per 1,000 inhabitants.

Eleven residences with active cases

The positives between health personnel have amounted to 57, while in nursing homes and dependency centers, active cases have decreased among users, who are 87, eleven less than the previous day. However, among the professionals at these centers there has been a sharp increase in cases and at this time there are fifty workers with active covid.

Up to eleven residences in Cantabria have cases of coronavirus: the most important outbreaks are located in the San José de Villacarriedo, who is 25 although he was almost double, and in that of Children of the Sea by Igollo, with 30 active infections.

.

▷ The new virtual BlizzCon will be free for everyone: Blizzard says goodbye to the classic ticket in this edition

BlizzConline will be the event to learn more about Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, and other games.

Blizzard It has been holding a face-to-face event for 15 years where it announces news for its video games, and where fans can meet to participate in all kinds of activities related to their favorite titles. As we already knew, the 2020 pandemic has caused this BlizzCon to become “BlizzConline“an exclusively digital edition destined to maintain tradition from a safer perspective. And with this new format, they also arrive monetization changes.

In a video reviewing Blizzard-related news, products and services, President J. Allen Brack announces that BlizzConline, dated to February 19 and 20, will be free for all viewers. This is, in part, a first for the event: although the opening ceremony has always been free to watch, the rest of the tournaments, contests and collectibles were part of a virtual ticket of 40 dollars / euros.

In spite of everything, a good part of the activities which WoW parents are accustomed to, including competitions, cosplay contests or the fun march of the murlocs, where fans interpret these tribal fish with greater or lesser visual fidelity. Of course, we will also have ads.

In this edition, we will have to closely track Overwatch 2 Y Diablo IV, among other novelties. The former will add campaign heroes and PvE content to Blizzard’s cooperative shooter, while the latter will take a more sinister and traditional approach to the loot progression-based RPG series. Neither has a release date for now.

More about: Blizzard, BlizzConline, BlizzCon 2020, Diablo IV Y Overwatch 2.

.

Cantabria raises the alert level for covid and will have to tighten restrictions

The evolution of epidemiological data in the last hours brings Cantabria to alert level three -high risk-, which the Ministry of Health qualifies as “Uncontrolled and sustained community transmission that exceeds the response capabilities of the health system.”

Cantabria should, therefore, implement new response measures to the pandemic, especially those related to distancing and hygiene and prevention, for which the risk profile associated with the different areas of exposure will be taken into consideration.

Among the data of the closing of the day yesterday include four of the indicators at very high risk, including the cumulative incidence of cases diagnosed in 14 days, which is close to 400, and that of 65 years or more, which stands at 356. In addition, the occupancy rates for inpatient and critical care beds have exceeded the medium risk threshold and are already in the red.

The Ministry of Health is working on the implementation of more measures, which include the closure of high-risk areas, reduction of capacity and recommendations for self-confinement for families with high-risk members.

The Ministry of Health insists that zero risk of COVID-19 transmission does not exist and it is recommended that, to the extent possible, all social interaction activities are avoided and that they are held in open and well ventilated spaces. In addition, the organization of social relations in groups of stable coexistence or bubbles of coexistence is essential, for the control and prevention of the transmission of the coronavirus.

The main objective of these recommendations is the control and prevention of the transmission of coronavirus in groups of people who interact with each other in a preferential and self-limited way.

The coexistence bubbles integrate the group of cohabitants and people with care needs of the family nucleus or narrower nucleus of relationships, who do not live in the same address. It could also include essential caregivers or support persons to prevent the negative consequences of social isolation. If any member of this bubble shows symptoms or is unwell, all members of the coexistence group must isolate themselves.

It is often suggested that the increase in cases is due to several large outbreaks or super-spreader events. Sprouts certainly play a role, but so do small social circles – friends and family. One observation from trackers is that People often think they are doing a good job keeping their social circles small, but they don’t realize how our bubbles can be connected by people moving between bubbles.

In this group, anyone with symptoms consistent with coronavirus should immediately self-isolate, including also isolation from other members of their enlarged bubble.

.

Cantabria adds another two deaths from covid and the hospitalized number rises to 135

Cantabria experienced another black day yesterday as a result of the coronavirus, whiche took the lives of two people: a 95-year-old man and a 90-year-old woman, both with previous pathologies. The list of fatalities rises in this way to 252 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic, according to official accounts.

A Saturday in which other alarming figures were also recorded: 196 new covid infections, one of the highest daily figures and 74 more than the previous day, while the number of hospitalized has increased to 135, thirteen more than 24 hours before. From them, a fortnight are admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), which is three more.

The 135 hospitalized patients are distributed as follows: 92 are in the Valdecilla Hospital, 24 in Sierrallana, 16 in Laredo and three in Tres Mares (Reinosa).

According to the data provided at noon this Sunday by the Ministry of Health, the number of active cases in the region currently stands at 2,201, of which 2,066 are in home quarantine since their condition is not serious and hospitalization is not necessary.

In global figures, since the pandemic began in March, Cantabria accumulates 11,030 positives, of which 8,577 have been cured, which means 79 percent of the total.

Of these more than 11,000 infections, 10,041 have been detected by PCR tests and another 989 through antibody tests.

Cantabria has already carried out 237,875 tests, which represent a rate of 409 per thousand inhabitants.

.

Mathematical predictions argue that Cantabria will overcome the wave of covid in a month

Is the covid going to let us enjoy the Christmas celebrations? “Thinking about that possibility, in just two months, as things are, is not realistic”, according to the doctor and mathematician Francisco Javier Llorca, professor of Preventive Medicine and Public Health at the University of Cantabria. However, Juan Luis Fernández,

logo-mail-on2.svg

This content is exclusive for subscribers

Unlimited access to all the contents of EL DIARIO MONTAÑÉS, for only € 6.95 / month.

.

Flanders wields a 1666 treaty to fish in British waters even if Brexit fails

2 hours posted
6

Share on Social Networks

by hatunruna a lavanguardia.com Sent: ____

Charles II of England had a hectic life. A woman he married in two separate ceremonies, no legitimate children, but a minimum of 12 with his lovers, a beheaded father, and himself spending nine years in exile before taking the thrones of England, Scotland and Ireland after the Cromwell’s death. He spent three of his years in exile in the Flemish city of Bruges and, grateful for their hospitality, in 1666 he awarded them the Privilegie der Visscherie, the privilege of fishermen who gave 50 boats from that city rights …

| labels: United Kingdom , England , Brexi , uk , fishing , boris , France , treaty


Share on Social Networks

.

▷ Pregnant? Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have a secret kept for “confidential reason”

Lapatilla

October 30 2020, 11:28 am

Royal families do not usually have few members, so Meghan Markle and the prince harry They could be gearing up for the announcement of the arrival of a new royal baby.

According to British media reports, the Duchess of Sussex; who won a motion to delay the court battle with the British tabloid for a “confidential” reason, is pregnant and will confirm soon.

According to the report, the judge Mark Warby granted the delay after Meghan’s team gave a “confidential reason” for doing so.

With information from El Farandi

Shortly after the judge’s comments, royal fans began speculating about Meghan Markle’s pregnancy; as he won the bid for a confidential reason that was shared by his legal team in court.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry became parents to their first child Archie Harrison in May 2019. It has never been confirmed whether the couple will attempt to have children again. But nevertheless; The former ‘Suits’ star is speculated to be pregnant and will confirm soon.

The tabloid, citing a source, stated: “It seems certain that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will join your family.”

Meghan would surely be delighted when she emerged victorious in her bid to have a privacy action against a tabloid newspaper postponed for about nine months until next fall.

The trial was to begin in London in January 2021.

Prince Harry’s wife is suing Associated Newspapers by articles in the Mail on Sunday which included parts of a handwritten letter he had sent to his father, Thomas Markle, in August 2018. “My conclusion is that the correct decision in all circumstances is to grant the request”, said the judge. “That means that the test date of January 11, 2021 will become vacant and the test will be rescheduled for a new date in the fall.”

.