My name is Alma and until two days ago
was part of living humans, but
that has changed … now I see everything
from another dimension.
The storm advanced and all the terraces of the city remained empty. The water crashed down on the road, forming pools that grew larger and larger.
– Run Loren! This time he caught us well! Completely unprepared.
I was waiting sitting under the awning of a little bar called Dfoodz. On the glass of his door there was a sign “we will be back soon, we send whatever you want to your home.” It gave me to think about the reasons why that place was not open, since, although it was raining so much, it was also closed inside.
The two friends took shelter next to me under the awning of the pergola in that corner with so much charm.
– My mother Miguel, How sad the city is without the joy of bars! What a situation we are living in.
– Hey, and I say: we should look for this site on social networks to warn the owner that the awning has been left on, that with the storm it will not break and have double spending – Loren said to his friend.
– Good idea! Let’s search.
I peeked through the glass and could see that Dami was inside, in the background, in his kitchen. Despite being closed, he continued to cook for his customers.
I stepped through the glass and stormed in, thinking of getting his attention to make him realize that his awning was in danger. I grabbed his mobile that had been turned off on the bar and went to the kitchen where he was concentrating preparing his delicacies and I left him where i could see it.
That pair of friends was looking for his number on social networks to notify him.
Dami was making her wonderful croquettes and had her hands full so she didn’t turn on her mobile, although he did see it.
Meanwhile Miguel and Loren had already located the phone and were calling. “The mobile you are calling is turned off or out of coverage at this time.”
– What a fabric, Miguel, what do we do?
Now it was my turn to act from the inside, the other way around, so that from the outside they would realize that the chef was inside and with knocking on the door, Dami would come out.
Next to the glass was a beautiful star-shaped lamp that remained unlit. I walked past the switch several times, so my impulse would turn it on and attract the attention of those outside. I got it! The star lit up and at that moment the two kids peeked into the room.
– Look Loren, there seems to be someone inside. Let’s ring the bell!
The two of them approached the door getting wet from top to bottom and began pounding on the glass until Dami realized someone was outside.
He put out the fire and went out to meet them.
– Hi guys, what do you need?
– Good thing you saw us! Look at the one that is falling and we have been alarmed thinking that your awning could break. You do not need more expenses, quite the opposite.
– To! But when has this been assembled?
– Well, a while ago and thanks to you we have taken shelter, but we had to notify you so that do not lose more than required…
The two boys helped Dami, went for the crank and picked up the awning and the cook invited them inside.
– I can’t serve you anything, but I’ll give you some croquettes and you take them at home. Thanks a lot.
– Miguel, do you think we take an order to drink at home?
– Yes of course, one lid of each!
“Thank you Dami, but we are going to pay you for them and you are also going to give us a few more things,” Loren explained.
Some storms they form at one time and at other times it rains on wet. The important thing is that the conscience to help prevail over everything else.
– After the storm comes the calm and In the meantime, that the rain does not destroy what works well – Loren commented aloud.
– Many thanks friends! – exclaimed Dami. Now I put it to take away.
Impending storms cannot be prevented by hitting them, but they can be dealt with like a ferocious animal. Looking them in the eye and standing up to them, and above all protecting himself.
– Today for you tomorrow for me! – And saying this, Miguel and Loren said goodbye to Dami, assuring her that they would return for more delicacies.
I sat there for a while longer looking at the empty streets and thinking that the hearts I had found were full of strength, illusion Y esperanza, and also of generosity Y solidarity, so necessary in difficult times when any unconditional support marks both who receives it and who gives it.
I was very proud to have lived in a world where there are people so capable of showing that, despite the difficulties, there is always something to offer to others.
I wish you a good week and a lot of solidarity with others! Until next Friday.