The British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, and the president of the European Commission (EC), Ursula von der Leyen, they agreed ‘Redouble efforts’ towards a post-Brexit deal in a telephone conversation held this Saturday, a British government spokesman said.
The source noted that during the call, planned to Taking stock of the negotiationsJohnson noted that, while progress has been made, “significant differences persist in several areas” of common concern, including competition and fisheries.
The two leaders agreed that their respective teams will continue negotiations next Monday in London in order to “Redouble efforts to reach an agreement”, which would enter into force at the end, on December 31, of the post-Brexit transition period, which was formally executed on January 31.
For their part, Johnson and Von der Leyen “will remain in contact,” the spokesman said. If they fail to negotiate a bilateral pact, as of January 1, 2021, the United Kingdom and the European Union (EU) will start trading based on the generic, less beneficial regulations of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
In these last American electionss Meghan Markle has been encouraged to vote in its public comments. ‘Page Six’ has been confirmed by sources close to the Sussex that the Duchess voted days before by post, and they go further by adding that she would also have exercised her right as an American citizen if she continued to live in the United Kingdom.
First large company rescued by the State and the first problem that the coalition government has overcome, at least for the moment. The Ministry of Finance toughened the conditions of the two loans granted to Air Europa for a total of 475 million to try to save the pressures that have come from the Executive and investiture partners. Everyone looks at the consequences that this rescue will have on the purchase of the Globalia airline by the group IAG, an operation valued at 1 billion euros before the pandemic and which is now in the air. The fine print that accompanies public aid has been tuned to the maximum among various ministries.
The Government had been negotiating the rescue of Air Europa since the summer. Once the Hidalgo family company formally requested assistance, the four-way machinery was put into operation: Vice presidency, Ministry of Finance, Transport and Moncloa. The Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI) put numbers to the process through a ‘due diligence’ for which it has had the advice from PwC and that has concluded with the agreement approved this Tuesday in the Council of Ministers. The Government now knows the guts of Air Europa, has a feasibility plan on the table, contemplates a forecast about the recovery of travel and tourism … and has accepted a rescue halfway between what was announced in summer and what finally agreed.
Moncloa, which is where the final approval to the rescue has been forged, has sailed between two waters when making the final decision. In the first place, it has had to deal with the situation on the edge of Air Europa and the operation in ‘pause’ with Iberia. The government’s greatest fear is to lose the Spanish status of the national flag carrier with Brexit in the making and now they believe that the rescue of Air Europa could help to refine, explain sources close to the negotiation. The SEPI has incorporated into the agreement several conditions that, from the outset, grant some additional guarantees to the State. For example, the Treasury may name two representatives on the board of directors of Air Europa and, therefore, will have a voice and vote in that alliance with IAG. He will also give an opinion on the future CEO.
The entry with SEPI gallons into Air Europa therefore provides the Government with a way to try to ensure that the flag of Spain continues to fly on the giant’s planes. Some in the Government see it, therefore, as a three-way move to, at the same time, solve the serious difficulties that Air Europa is going through, fight for the Spanish future of Iberia and, in turn, continue with the creation of a great national hub in T4 from Barajas airport.
Air Europa’s operation, they explain from the Government, was urgent since the airline is going through a critical moment. “We are dry, we do not have a penny and we do not know how we are going to resist; By ourselves it is impossible for us to get ahead, so they have to give us a hand. In my group of companies, which is healthy, we cannot continue if we do not enter, “Javier Hidalgo came to assure a few months ago.
The second line of pressure to Moncloa came from its parliamentary partners and at a key moment: the negotiation of the Budgets. The rescue of Air Europa, government sources acknowledge, was una operation “with edges”, as was the CaixaBank-Bankia merger. And it is that Unidos Podemos had put on the table the possibility of entering the shareholding of the company. If the State rescues with public funds, it would be necessary to enter, they defended from the training led by Pablo Iglesias with the essential objective for them of guaranteeing jobs. But the Treasury refused from the beginning to flee accusations of “nationalization”.
Other partners, extra-governmental, yes, like ERC or More Country They introduced amendments in the parliamentary procedure so that the rescued companies prioritize social or environmental criteria. The Executive has also raffled these ‘mines’ when authorizing the two loans of 240 and 235 million.
The SEPI Fund also includes that rescued companies They are prohibited from distributing dividends, paying non-mandatory coupons or acquiring their own shares, except those owned by the state on behalf of the Fund. They also have capped the remuneration of their directors. The interest rate set for the credits granted is the same as that established by the European Commission in the Temporary Framework: between 2.5% in the first year and 7% in the sixth year. Air Europa has six years to pay off public aid.
The Iberia rescue operation has been flying over the government since July, when the SEPI Fund was established. The Minister of Transport, Jose Luis Ábalos, who has spoken directly with Javier Hidalgo, Maria Jesus Montero and the Department of Economic Affairs of Moncloa. From the beginning the Executive placed a condition on the airline: that the state intervention come at the request of the companies in critical situation. And so it has been. With this strategy, the Government wanted to avoid direct aid that the German, French and Dutch governments granted on their own account with Lufthansa, Air France y KLM. The economic vice president, Nadia Calviño, has been aware of everything and the SEPI has closed the fine print. But the battle is not over and it is time to know Iberia’s decision.
BlizzConline will be the event to learn more about Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, and other games.
Blizzard It has been holding a face-to-face event for 15 years where it announces news for its video games, and where fans can meet to participate in all kinds of activities related to their favorite titles. As we already knew, the 2020 pandemic has caused this BlizzCon to become “BlizzConline“an exclusively digital edition destined to maintain tradition from a safer perspective. And with this new format, they also arrive monetization changes.
In a video reviewing Blizzard-related news, products and services, President J. Allen Brack announces that BlizzConline, dated to February 19 and 20, will be free for all viewers. This is, in part, a first for the event: although the opening ceremony has always been free to watch, the rest of the tournaments, contests and collectibles were part of a virtual ticket of 40 dollars / euros.
In spite of everything, a good part of the activities which WoW parents are accustomed to, including competitions, cosplay contests or the fun march of the murlocs, where fans interpret these tribal fish with greater or lesser visual fidelity. Of course, we will also have ads.
In this edition, we will have to closely track Overwatch 2 Y Diablo IV, among other novelties. The former will add campaign heroes and PvE content to Blizzard’s cooperative shooter, while the latter will take a more sinister and traditional approach to the loot progression-based RPG series. Neither has a release date for now.
Charles II of England had a hectic life. A woman he married in two separate ceremonies, no legitimate children, but a minimum of 12 with his lovers, a beheaded father, and himself spending nine years in exile before taking the thrones of England, Scotland and Ireland after the Cromwell’s death. He spent three of his years in exile in the Flemish city of Bruges and, grateful for their hospitality, in 1666 he awarded them the Privilegie der Visscherie, the privilege of fishermen who gave 50 boats from that city rights …
Royal families do not usually have few members, so Meghan Markle and the prince harry They could be gearing up for the announcement of the arrival of a new royal baby.
According to British media reports, the Duchess of Sussex; who won a motion to delay the court battle with the British tabloid for a “confidential” reason, is pregnant and will confirm soon.
According to the report, the judge Mark Warby granted the delay after Meghan’s team gave a “confidential reason” for doing so.
With information from El Farandi
Shortly after the judge’s comments, royal fans began speculating about Meghan Markle’s pregnancy; as he won the bid for a confidential reason that was shared by his legal team in court.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry became parents to their first child Archie Harrison in May 2019. It has never been confirmed whether the couple will attempt to have children again. But nevertheless; The former ‘Suits’ star is speculated to be pregnant and will confirm soon.
The tabloid, citing a source, stated: “It seems certain that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will join your family.”
Meghan would surely be delighted when she emerged victorious in her bid to have a privacy action against a tabloid newspaper postponed for about nine months until next fall.
The trial was to begin in London in January 2021.
Prince Harry’s wife is suing Associated Newspapers by articles in the Mail on Sunday which included parts of a handwritten letter he had sent to his father, Thomas Markle, in August 2018. “My conclusion is that the correct decision in all circumstances is to grant the request”, said the judge. “That means that the test date of January 11, 2021 will become vacant and the test will be rescheduled for a new date in the fall.”
It will soon be a year since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left for the United States never to return. They announced it on January 18 after spending more than a month on vacation in Los Angeles, where they spent Christmas with Meghan’s mother instead of with the Royal Family, as had been tradition.
Of course, before formally abandoning their life as royals, the Sussexes returned to the UK in March to say goodbye and finalize the deals for their long-awaited freedom, which was finally granted by Queen Elizabeth II in April. And since then, they have never seen each other again in person.
That is why all the British people were anxious to know how the next Christmas would go when Harry and Meghan had to return yes or yes to England. Although not for pleasure, but because on January 11 the trial that the dukes are holding against Associated Newspaper, which owns several tabloids, is scheduled to be held in London, which they accuse of publishing false information about them.
A legal battle that demands that the couple be present in the courtroom, something that in order to comply with it forces them to travel to England two weeks before the date of the trial to keep the corresponding quarantine that the British government requires of those who enter the country from United States.
But according to what has just been learned, finally that Christmas return could not take place. Well, the judge in charge of the case accepted the formal request that Harry and Meghan’s lawyers have sent to delay this meeting in court for several months.
From ex-Blizzard they have announced the founding of Frost Giant Studios in Orange County, California.
Tim Morten, CEO of the company, was the chief producer of Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void and has worked for the last six years in the company, although he has gone through numerous studies and has been involved in sagas such as Command & Conquer.
Tim Campbell, meanwhile, was the lead designer for the Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne campaign and has since been involved in numerous projects, most recently Wasteland 3 as director.
The first round of financing has closed with 4.7 million dollars raised by various investors, including Riot Games.
The company’s first game will be an RTS (real-time strategy game) and its goal is for it to be the next great game in the genre.
It seems that new games based on the franchise are not being ruled out, with no sequel announced yet.
In July 2010 it was put on sale StarCraft 2, a game that has remained the dominant RTS as it was with its predecessor. Now, Blizzard announces the cessation of development of new content for this title, which means that we will not have more commanders or chests to buy. But that does not necessarily mean that he will die.
Of course, the lack of news will put off many players, but the servers will remain active as up to now and their developers have confirmed that we will continue to have updates with balance adjustments and bug fixes, “focusing primarily on what matters most to our core and competitive community.”
Qualifying this last point, Blizzard ensures that SC2 will continue to maintain its usual representation in the eSports scene from the hand of ESL Gaming and GSL. What about the IP as such? In the past, the Warcraft fathers had no qualms about listing their most relevant games for the future. Right now StarCraft doesn’t have a sequel on the horizon, but it seems that something like this is not ruled out.
Or at least, it is what can be read between the lines following the closing of the entry. Producer Rob Bridenbecker concludes, “We will keep you posted on any and all plans we have for future forays into the Koprulu sector.” In the absence of something more specific, we remind you that Blizzard has announced Overwatch 2 Y Diablo IV (plus the spin-off Immortal) as well as the imminent expansion Shadowlands WoW, so it will surely be a while until we see their next big game.
The event was organized by Fortune magazine and their participation was highly commented.
“There are very few things in this world where the person who is interacting with it is called a ‘user’. People addicted to drugs are called ‘users’ and people who use social networks, too, ”Meghan said in a section of her presentation.
“They are an addiction,” he added as a reinforcement to this idea and the main reason for his decision to have personal accounts. His ideas were powerful. However, later, a large number of his audience took to Twitter precisely to highlight that Prince Harry’s wife had taken her information from the documentary “The dilemma of social networks” from Netflix.