The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Thursday a rise in daytime temperatures in the Balearic Islands, as well as in the north and northeast thirds, with notable increases in the Cantabrian and upper Ebro, while the maximum values will fall in the southwest third.
Thursday will dominate the cloudy skies in the surroundings of the Alboran coast with rainfall accompanied by occasional storms, which will probably spread, in a scattered manner, to other areas of the extreme southeast of the Peninsula.
In the rest of the southeastern interior of the peninsula, interior of the Atlantic slope and in the Iberian system, cloudy skies or with cloudy intervals and cloudiness of diurnal evolution are expected, which could leave some scattered showers or thunderstorms and occasional in the second half of the day.
The rains will be more likely in the north of Extremadura, west of Castilla-La Mancha and in Castilla y León, with the possibility of being locally strong in the south of the latter area.
Cloudy intervals will arise in the most prominent Canary Islands, with a low probability of occasional and scattered precipitation in the interior.
Little cloudy or with some high clouds in the rest of the country, although in the morning it will be cloudy In the Valencian community.
Daytime temperatures will rise in the Balearic Islands and in the north and northeast thirds of the Peninsula, with notable ascents in the Cantabrian and the upper Ebro. Instead, the maximum values will decrease in the southwest third. Nighttime on the rise in the northern half and in the center of the Peninsula.
The wind will blow from the east component in the south of the Mediterranean area, the Ebro valley, the Balearic Islands and, in the early hours, on the Cantabrian coast, with a strong lift in the Strait and with strong intervals on the Alboran coast. Loose wind in the rest, with a predominance of the southern component in the Peninsula and the northern component in the Canary Islands.
Prediction by communities:
– GALICIA: evolutionary cloudiness in the central hours of the day in the mountains of the southeast, where a shower or isolated storm in the afternoon is likely. Minimum temperatures will increase, notably in mountain areas, and maximum temperatures will decrease on the western coast and will increase in the rest. The wind will blow from the east on the coast, with strong intervals in the morning; in the rest of the coast, winds from the south; in the interior, variable light winds from the south.
– ASTURIAS: little cloudy except in the central hours of the day, where a shower or scattered storm is expected in the mountain range. The minimum temperatures will increase in the interior, they will fall on the coast and will remain stable in the rest of the areas. The highs will increase noticeably indoors. Weak and scattered frosts will appear on the summits of the mountain range. In the littoral, winds of the east will blow tending weak; in the interior, light winds from the south.
– CANTABRIA: the sky will remain slightly cloudy, although showers are not ruled out in the interior, occasionally accompanied by a storm. Maximum temperatures will rise significantly, especially in the east. Weak frosts are expected in high areas. In the interior, the wind will blow lightly from the south; on the coast, a light wind from the east and, at the end of the day, from the west.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: slightly cloudy skies with intervals of high clouds. The maximum temperatures will experience a notable rise in the north look, where they could reach 10 to 12 degrees more than the temperatures of the previous day. The wind will blow from the east on the coast, light at the end of the day; in the interior, light wind from the south component.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: intervals of medium and high clouds and evolutionary cloudiness that could leave locally strong showers or storms in the southern half. Temperatures will rise notably, except in the extreme northeast, where they will remain unchanged, and the maximums will fall in the southern third and rise in the rest, most notably in the northeast. Some light frosts are expected in the northeast and high mountain areas. The wind will blow from the east component.
– NAVARRE: the sky will remain slightly cloudy. The minimum temperatures will rise, especially in the Pyrenees, and the maximums will also rise notably in the north and west. The wind will blow from the south and southeast with some very strong gusts in the northwest mountains; lazy in the afternoon.
– LA RIOJA: there will be cloudiness of evolution that will leave showers and storms. The maximum temperatures will rise in a generalized way and the minimum ones will do so in the mountains. The wind will blow from the south.
– ARAGÓN: little cloudy sky in general, although with low clouds in the morning in the south of Teruel. In the Iberian region, the daytime cloudiness will leave a probability of scattered and occasional showers that could be accompanied by a storm, without ruling out that they arrive late in the day in areas near the Ebro valley. Temperatures will rise, although weak frosts are not ruled out in the Pyrenees. The wind will blow from the southeastern lax.
– CATALONIA: intervals of high clouds in general and low clouds in the morning in the southern third. The minimum temperatures will rise in the Pyrenees and the southern third and will remain in the rest, while the maximums will rise, especially in the interior. Weak frosts are not ruled out in the Pyrenees. The wind will blow from a weak south component, stronger on the north coast.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals with showers, more intense in the north of Cáceres, occasionally with a storm. Minimum temperatures will rise and maximum temperatures will fall, notably in the south. The wind will blow light from the south component.
– MADRID: covered skies in the mountains and intervals of medium and high clouds in the rest. No storms are ruled out, except in the southeast, or morning mists or fog banks in high elevations of the Central system. Minimum temperatures will increase and maximum temperatures will decrease. The wind will blow from the lazy east.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: overcast skies that could leave showers accompanied by an occasional storm in the western third and that could extend to the rest of the western half and to the mountainous areas of the east. In addition, morning mists or fog banks are not ruled out at high elevations in the eastern half. Minimum temperatures will increase except in the southeast, where they will remain unchanged; the maximums will fall in Toledo and Ciudad Real and will rise in Albacete. In addition, some weak and scattered frosts are expected in the north of the Iberian Peninsula. The wind will blow lightly from the east and southeast with more intense intervals in La Mancha and diminishing to variable light in the western half.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy sky with weak, scattered and occasional rainfall in the north of Valencia and south of Castellón; In addition, scattered and occasional showers are not ruled out in the southern third. Minimum temperatures will drop slightly, but will increase in the north of Castellón; the maxims will rise inside. The wind will blow this loose component in general.
– MURCIA: cloudy skies with an occasional shower, more likely in the interior where, in addition, mists are expected. Minimum temperatures will drop; the maximums will also do so on the coast and will ascend in the Altiplano. The wind will blow this weak component, more intense on the coast.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: predominance of slightly cloudy skies with intervals of high clouds. Nighttime temperatures will drop significantly and daytime temperatures will rise. Some weak frosts are expected in the Sierra de Tramontana. The wind will blow from the east lightly with coastal breezes in Mallorca.
– ANDALUSIA: occasional showers in the eastern half, more likely on the Mediterranean slope and Betic mountains, which can be accompanied by storms in the afternoon in the interior. Morning mists are expected on the Mediterranean side, and in the Guadiana valley. Maximum temperatures will drop in areas of the interior of Malaga, the Cádiz mountains and in the southeast of Seville. The wind will blow from the east, strong on the coast of Almería and Cádiz; lift strong in the Strait.
– CANARY ISLANDS: clear sky in general; Cloudy in central hours of the day in the interior and on coasts oriented to the south and east, where there will be a probability of weak rains. It is not ruled out that these precipitations are locally more intense in Tenerife and La Palma. Temperatures will hold with little change. The wind will blow variable loosely.