Goodship 45, 68, 81, Brooks 85

Brandon Goodship notched a hat-trick as Weymouth resumed their chase title with a 4-0 home win against Frome in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier South.

Calvin Brooks also secured a late goal against Robins, who looked like troubling Weymouth goalkeeper Jordan Seabright.

Prior to the match, Weymouth announced the signing of Yemi Odubade's loan from Eastbourne's Borough of the National League South.

Odubade, a forward, went straight into the starting line-up to make his debut for the Terras.

Weymouth made seven changes, as Seabright, Stephane Zubar, Sam Sherring, Josh Wakefield, Jake McCarthy, Ben Thomson and Odubade all coming in.

Weymouth starts the match by dominating possession but with no end product.

McCarthy fired over shortly after.

15 yards behind Frome's Rickie Scott.

Even the head start the visitors' defender was hopelessly outpaced, prompting laughs from the home crowd.

The home side began to dominate without clear end product.

Firstly, Thomson earned a corner when Odubade slipped him in on the right.

From the corner, McCarthy headed off from a good callum Buckley delivery.

Weymouth fans wanting a penalty.

Odubade ran forward and incited into the right-hand side of the box, but was fouled close to the edge.

From the free-kick, the ball was played horizontally to Goodship, whose shot was reflected wide.

Connor Roberts enjoyed Frome's highlight with the help of Sherring.

The rest of the half was quiet, with Brooks receiving a yellow card.

Thomson in the box, who went down to the Terras a spot-kick.

James Carey in the Frome Town goal for his 60th Weymouth goal in all matches including friendlies.

The Robins started the second half on the front foot, but Weymouth had the first great chance when Buckley led a counter-attack shot went wide of the post.

Josh Carmichael then took a good care of his wife, but his ball fell on the arms of Carey instead of finding Odubade.

Thomson then went on a brilliant mazy run that saw him cut inside and down on the goal from an angle, but fired a shot high and wide instead of pulling the ball back across goal.

From the present corner, Goodship fired high over the bar.

After 68 minutes, Weymouth should have doubled their lead.

A great ball was playing Goodbye on the left, he was on the way back, but Carey took a touch to take it away from Odubade.

However, Thomson then slammed a shot against a defender with the goalkeeper stranded.

Yet Weymouth would double their lead in admirable circumstances.

A ball forward released Odubade through on goal with just the keeper to beat, yet heel pulled the ball back to allow Goodship to fire into an empty net.

Frome still had a threat though, which proved to be substitute Josh Brace fired from close range.

However, Goodship would claim his hat-trick in the 82nd minute when a superb horizontal pass from Thomson released him to confidently curl in from 25 yards out.

Brooklyn, who is in a crowd to wrap up the win.

The Terras host Gosport Borough on Tuesday (7.45pm).

Terras: Seabright, Brooks, Buckley, Zubar, Sherring, Carmichael (Ngalo 56), Wakefield, McCarthy, Thomson, Goodship (Sat 82), Odubade (Baker 78)

Subs not used: Thomas, Rose

Frome: Carey, Mannings, Scott, Roberts, Mapstone, Teale, Scott (O'Loughlin 72), Knowles, Bath (Brace 72), Gorman (Plummer 59), Rogers.

Subs not used: Greaves, Evans.

Attendance: 592