That's a pretty tricky situation! Hedgehog is lucky after being stuck in broken glass

You could say it was a pretty tricky situation.

<p class = "Canvas Atom Canvas Text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "But luckily this tiny hedgehog was saved after the head got stuck in a smashed glass bottle. "data-reactid =" 32 "> But luckily this tiny hedgehog was saved after the head got stuck in a smashed glass bottle.

The creature was found by a member of the public who tried to escape from the bottle, which was clamped tightly around his head.

His muzzle was almost completely covered by the end of the bottle, making it impossible to reach for food.

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "The hedgehog was found in Snodland, Kent, before being picked up by RSPCA Inspector David Grant, who came to her rescue and took the glass. "data-reactid =" 35 ">The hedgehog was found in Snodland, Kent, before being picked up by RSPCA Inspector David Grant, who came to her rescue and took the glass.

<figcaption class = "C ($ c-fuji-gray-h) Fz (13px) Py (5px) Lh (1.5)" title = "Fortunately – fortunately the hedgehog was discovered and stored by a citizen (image: SWNS)"data-reactid =" 52 ">

Fortunately – fortunately the hedgehog was discovered and stored by a citizen (image: SWNS)

The little animal spent two days at the RSPCA Mallydams Wildlife Center in Hastings, East Sussex, before being released back into the wild.

The RSPCA has now used the images of its prickly patient to warn people of the dangers of bedding.

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "MORE: Wildfire in Northern California is decimating the city, while in the South forcing an escape of hundreds of thousands
MORE: Britain's longest lollipop served"data-reactid =" 58 ">MORE: Wildfire in Northern California is decimating the city, while hundreds of thousands are being forced into the South
MORE: Britain's longest lollipop served

Inspector Grant said, "This situation could have been a lot worse for this hedgehog, but fortunately it was not hurt. The majority of people throw their garbage away carefully, but for the few who do not, this can be very dangerous for animals.

"In this case, I suspect that the hedgehog was looking for food when she got stuck. Most cases of litter in animals are preventable if the waste is properly and responsibly disposed of. "

The charity said there had been 5,081 calls for litter-trapped animals in the past year and called on the public to be more cautious about dumping.

A spokesman said: "Animals looking for food can be trapped in tin cans and the sharp edges can cause injury.

"The RSPCA encourages people to clean and empty food containers before they are clamped or cut in half before being recycled so as to avoid catching or injuring animals or wildlife.

"Elastic bands also present a great risk to small animals and birds, as these bands wrap around their bodies or beaks and can cause choking and other injuries. Therefore, if possible, people should reuse them or cut them before dropping them off.

"Broken glass can cause serious injury, and small animals can be trapped in jars and bottles, prompting homeowners to clean and recycle the glass as much as possible."

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.