This left her friends “justly concerned about her well-being, particularly because she was pregnant, unprotected by the institution and forbidden to defend herself,” she said.
Real commentators yesterday speculated that the latest revelations would leave the family in trouble, particularly because of claims that the Duchess felt unprotected during her pregnancy.
But a source said yesterday that the Duchess’ case would not target the Royal Family itself, but would focus in part on the institution around them.
“It was the institutional process and the culture, the operational behavior that disappointed her,” said the source. “It doesn’t appeal to individuals in the family at all.
“People lack the fact that it is basically a case against a newspaper for violating the privacy of a woman who writes to her father.
“This is not the case with the wider royal family or their relationships.”
The decision on who to call as witnesses has not yet been made, but it is understood that the palace staff who are familiar with his communication policy may be at the heart of the Duchess’ case.
The Duchess’ team has already promised further details about her relationship with her father to come.
“The intention of the Letter was to make him stop his actions; it was not an attempt at reconciliation,” they observed in one section.
“This will be amplified in the applicant’s witness statement.”
In further sections describing how the then Meghan Markle took steps to make sure her father could safely participate in her marriage and tried to “protect him from media intrusion”, they say: “The applicant will explain in more detail in the his testimony. “
The associated newspapers completely denied any claims against them, in particular the suggestion that the letter had been modified significantly.
A date has not yet been set for Sunday’s mail court case, but it is unlikely to be before next year, with further written exchanges between the legal teams still on the way.