A TEENAGE chef died of suspected coronavirus after doctors said they had “nothing to worry about”.
Luca Di Nicola, 19, from Enfield, north London, worked with his mother Clarissa in their family restaurant before contracting COVID-19.
⚠️ Read our live coronavirus blog for the latest news and updates
Luca, originally from Nereto in eastern Italy, died at London’s North Middlesex hospital last week.
His heartbroken family claims that the famous teenager was “very healthy” but had visited a doctor with coronavirus symptoms before his death.
Luca Giada’s aunt, from Abruzzo in Italy, told La Repubblica newspaper: “For a week before his death Luca had a fever and a cough and also my sister-in-law Clarissa and her partner Vincenzo who lived in the same house had it.
“The London doctor gave my nephew some paracetamol.
“But Luca worsened on March 23rd.
“The doctor visited him at home and told him that he was young, strong and that he didn’t have to worry about that bad flu.”
But her condition worsened, with Luca complaining of chest pains and Clarissa notices that her lips have turned purple before she collapsed.
His mother and partner called an ambulance and the paramedics resurrected him.
But his lungs collapsed from being full of blood and water.
There are fears for the well-being of Clarissa and Vincenzo still show the same symptoms as Luca.
Doctors told the couple to isolate themselves for two weeks.
However, Italian media report that they have not been tested for COVID-19 and that they have received paracetamol to cope with their symptoms.
Italy continues to be the second most affected country outside mainland China.
On Friday, the country’s coronavirus deaths increased by 889 deaths in 24 hours, bringing the total to 10,023.
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN KNOWLEDGE
Don’t miss out on the latest news and figures – and essential tips for you and your family.
To receive The Sun’s Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea hour, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, just “Like” our Coronavirus page.
Receive Britain’s best selling newspaper every day on your smartphone or tablet – find out more.
Italy has registered 92,472 confirmed cases of infection since the outbreak.
On Sunday it was revealed that at least 50 doctors in the country died of the virus.
The National Federation of Surgeons and Dentists Orders (FNOMCeO) confirmed that 17 of them had worked in Lombardy, the most affected region in the country.