Newcastle United tonight declined to comment on new reports that an acquisition in the Middle East had approached.
The Magpies are aware of the history of the Daily Telegraph which suggests that the Premier League has been informed of an attempt by the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund.
The article states that the Premier League was informed “several days ago” of the intention of a consortium to buy the club with Amanda Staveley, Jamie Reuben, son of David Reuben and Yasir Al-Rumayyan, governor of the Saudi Public Investment Fund, nominated as possible directors.
Whether the Premier League reacts to history remains to be seen, but the Magpies have been ready to release a “no comment” status on Sunday night.
Mike Ashley is believed to be currently out of the country after a week of bad press.
Ashley made a public appeal to Prime Minister Boris Johnson to keep Sports Direct stores open only to be warned by Downing Street to abide by the rules or face the consequences.
Workers at the Ashley factory therefore exposed dangerous conditions amid the virus pandemic.
A third slump in credibility came when NUFC initially ignored a reasonable approach by NUST for indications that subscription rates could be suspended during the UK lockout period, which saw many fans lose their jobs.
The latest report in the Telegraph suggests that the PIF would have an 80% stake in United, while Amanda Staveley and Reuben Brothers would have taken 10% each.
When the stories circulated in the Wall Street Journal in January, United sources said there had been no offer.
On January 31st Steve Bruce claimed that Lee Charnley had told him that “there was nothing”.
He then said, “At the moment all he said is” There is nothing. “Okay, let’s go to work and see where we are.”