Great news for fans of Turkish productions gave Channel 13 these days. And it is that the successful television series “The Sultan” return to your screens this Monday, February 15, at 8:00 p.m.
Fiction comes to occupy the place it left “The 80s”, which this Friday had its outcome after being broadcast during the coronavirus pandemic.
Let us remember that “The Sultan” is based on the life and rise to power of Suleiman the Magnificent, the sultan with the longest reign in history, and his harem.
To begin to get in tune with his return to TV, we tell you about five unknown facts about “The Sultan” that the portal compiled «Fotech» and that might interest you.
Curiosities of «The Sultan»
- The television series was premiered in Turkey in 2011 and specifically addresses the history of Soleiman The Magnificent, born in 1494. As we told you, it was the longest reign in the entire history of the Ottoman Empire, between the years 1520 and 1566.
- It is the most expensive production in the history of Turkish television. His budget reached the millionaire sum of 4.7 million dollars, of which 2.2 million were only destined to its impressive scenery and costumes of the Middle Ages The television series had cinematographic standards!
- The broadcast of “El Sultán” generated great controversy in Turkey and throughout its broadcast, conservative sectors of society campaigned to remove it from the screen. What’s more, even the president of the country, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, expressed his rejection of the production.
“In front of my nation, I condemn both the director of this series and the owner of the television station. We have already alerted the authorities and we are awaiting a judicial decision, “he declared years ago.
- The TV series featured four seasons and 139 episodes in total, but towards its last cycle, it faced a major change. And it is that its protagonist, Meryem Uzerli, who played Hurem, had to abandon fiction due to the exhaustion he suffered. In her place came the actress Vahide Rivet.
- This is not the first time that “El Sultán” has been broadcast in Chile. The TV series was broadcast between December 2014 and May 2016 on Channel 13, coming to be in prime time due to its great reception. At that time there was a kind of golden age with Turkish productions in our country.
So now you know, if you didn’t see it that time and you want to relive this story, from this Monday you can see “The Sultan” on the national screen.