You have sorted your dress but you did not have much time left to think about your hair – no problem. You do not have to tongues, stylize and spray for hours to get a festive look.
There are quick and easy ways to style your locks while still looking as if you have been slipping out of the salon.
This way you can choose your perfect style based on how much time you have to prepare …
If you have: 15 minutes
Deceive a polished pony with a noose on the go
* Spritz towel dry hair with a heat protection styler (we love Percy & Reed The Perfect Blow Makeover Spray, £ 12.50) and then turn your hair upside down and dry completely – & # 39; the key for speed is to keep the hair dryer at a high fire, & # 39; Says Michael. Pull your hair back into a low fringe and tie with a hair band.
* Divide your ponytail into three or four sections and wrap them around a curling iron for a few seconds each, "says Michael.
* Carefully roll through the curls with your fingers, tie a thick satin bow over the top of the band and finish with a spritz from Wella Glam Mist, £ 13.60, to add shine and tame flies. # 39;
TIP: Keep the ponytail near the neck of your neck rather than high, so if you add a ribbon, it is more mature glamor.
If you have: 20 minutes
Give yourself halfway up & # 39; half-up & # 39;
* Prepare towel dried hair as before, then turn your hair upside down and shoot with a hair dryer until it is about 95% dry. Finish by lifting the roots with a dense brush, such as Denman Finishing Brush, £ 11.95 and the last 5% to dry with your hair dryer and mouthpiece, & # 39; says Michael.
* Then take four large parts of your hair and wrap them each around a large barrel-curling iron – 10 seconds per section should give a nice move, Michael says.
* Pull back the upper part of your hair (starting at the temples), fasten it with a band and cover it with a nice hair slide (our model wears Pearl Cluster Barrette, £ 5, from Accessorize).
If you have: 30 minutes
Get a salon-worthy wave in less time by cutting a few corners
* After washing and towel drying, Michael recommends preparing Prepping with Shockwaves Instant Root Lift Spray, £ 3.49 (it's cheap and incredibly good), to body, bounce and stick in record time get the hair.
* & # 39; Dry upside down and use a metal brush to allow the hair to dry faster.
* Use a wide loop curling wall to create loose waves – it is much faster than using a round brush. & # 39;
* Finish with a spray of Silvikrin hairspray, £ 1.49.
TIP: No time to go to the salon for hair and color renewal? No problem. Intensify your tone and shine at home with Clairol Conditioning Color Booster (£ 6.99 in five colors), a new do-it-yourself way to trick a salon rewinding.
* & # 39; Allow it to work for 5 minutes after washing and it immediately gives more shine and shine to the hair, "explains Michael. The cool blonde mask strikes coppery tones and the shade of caramel warms up blond hair that has become too light, or just looks a little dirty. There are also brunette and red shades to add depth to darker hair. & # 39;
(Our model used the Color Booster in Mocha for our shoot).
Photography: David Venni. Make-up and hair: Maxine Smith with Clairol and Shockwaves hair care, Nars make-up and Elemis skin care. Model: Lara at APK