Do i need a visa?, before traveling, in this case to Turkey, we want to solve a large number of doubts that arise, such as the travel itinerary, the documents, what is needed, for these reasons, we consider that it is very important to know if you need a visa. To travel conscious of each item, we prepare our essential tips, what do we expect? Go for it!
Do you need a visa for Turkey?
It is essential that you know the requirements to travel to Turkey, visa, insurance, vaccines, passport, among others. You can now find the eVisa for Turkey, however at this time you may not need it.
There are different visas and each one depends on the type of trip. For example, if you are Spanish today you will not need a visa if you travel less than 90 days. Yes, as you read, Spain it is a country with exception. You can find many sites on the web about it eVisa for Turkey or also called electronic visa. The truth is that since February 2020 there are different countries that will not need it.
If you are traveling for tourism (stay less than 90 days), these are the countries that do not need a Visa, you can use a passport or ID, depending on the entry into the country:
- Portugal and Switzerland
How to apply for a visa for Turkey
The process varies depending on the type of visa for Turkey that you require (tourism, work, study or other). We want you to know a little more about this process and find the information about visa procedures . So, let’s start with the details about the Turkey official visa.
You may go to Turkey for new experiences at work, if so, congratulations! The first thing you should know is that this process takes a long time, do not leave it for the last. The time that the consulate or embassy has is 30 days to make the decision to grant the visa to Turkey. To apply to work visa you must follow the MolSS indications and meet the requirements indicated there.
Once you have the visa for Turkey You can apply for a residence permit. The process of application for a work visa It requires you to be in sync with your future employer in order to do the process properly.
It has similarities in the process with the work visa. In this case, the first thing you should do is go to the University of Turkey and get admitted. Then a more tedious procedure will begin: pre request and appointment In the embassy of Madrid or the Consulate in Barcelona, this bustle finally, you continue it with the indications that they give you there.
Are you traveling to Turkey for tourism?
Great! The visa for Turkey in case of tourist travel may or may not be necessary. Until February 2020, the eVisa or electronic visa for Turkey. However, as of today it depends on your nationality. If you are a Spanish citizen, you are exempt from a visa, but let’s clarify the information about the eVisa.
eVisa or electronic visa
This method has been very useful, it is a cheaper and simpler process. If you belong to a country not exempt from a passport, this is the best opportunity. The procedure is the next:
- You enter the official website to process the eVisa for Turkey. You choose the option “Make a new request”
- Once there you indicate your Nationality, Travel Document and Verification Code.
- You continue the process and indicate how many days your trip will be and complete the data that will appear later.
- You make the payment, it will arrive to the email shortly, you print it and that’s it.
Price of eVisa to Turkey (2020)
If you want to know how much is the eVisa to Turkey, I will tell you that the price varies depending on the characteristics, you can request the visa for yourself, group or family visa. The current cost ranges from 40 dollars. There may be other more expensive but faster options with specialized agencies such as iVisa.
With iVisa you have three application options that vary in price and time. The standard process takes 24 hours, the fast process 4 hours and the extra fast 30 minutes. The prices of the electronic visa with iVisa can range from 76 USD to 117 USD. Now you have the opportunity to do the procedure for several travelers in the same process. As you can see, the sooner you do the process, the more you save for your trip.
As a recommendation, do not leave it to the last minute. Although the eVisa process is fast, it is best to do it with time.
- Don’t forget to print your e-visa for Turkey if you have requested it. Remember that it is only for non-visa-exempt countries.
- The passport must have a sufficient validity period (minimum 6 months).
- Do not put the visa process until the end, especially when you need it for work or study.
- Carry a card Data SIM for Turkey and don’t pay high roaming costs.
- In case of having dual nationality, do not forget that you must use the same passport with which you did the visa process.
- Applying for the eVisa will undoubtedly be cheaper if you do it directly on the website of the Turkish government.
- Once you arrive in Turkey with a study or work visa, do not let time pass, as you have a month to apply for a residence permit.
- To apply for the electronic visa, do the process on a trusted computer.
Prepare your trip to Turkey
I am a student, an empowered woman, and a travel lover, from the Holafly traveler I want to accompany you on the adventures you undertake and encourage you to discover new destinations that show you the great diversity of our world. Think about your next destination to visit and we will give you the most useful tips for you to have a great time.