Update on the coronavirus in Brittany as of April 7, 2021
Updated on 04/07/2021
Health points are communicated on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The screening dynamics are specified on Wednesdays. Data relating to nursing homesEstablishment housing dependent elderly people are integrated on Friday. The monitoring of confirmed cases is based on data from Public Health France, which includes the results of analyzes (PCR test) carried out by public and private laboratories.
Brittany records 2 890 case additional positives che last 5 days (1).
The incidence rate (2) now amounts to 207 cases per 100,000 inhabitants (+7.5 points (1)) at the regional level with a positivity rate3 from 5,2 %
All the indicators show a deterioration in health data. They confirm the trends observed in recent weeks: in one month, the Breton incidence rate increased by 89.9%.
The virus is actively circulating, let’s be vigilant collectively!
Management of Covid-19 patients in hospital in Brittany
· 785 current hospitalizations (+10 (1)), dont 116 (+2(1)) in intensive care.
Since the start of the epidemic:
– 5 923 hospitalized patients returned home (+168 (1)) ;
– 1 364 patients died (+36 (1)).
Tests are at the heart of the government’s strategy to fight the virus, in order to quickly isolate people tested positive and contacts, to break the chains of contamination as quickly as possible.
Since May 4, 2020, 2 285 525 tests PCR were carried out in Brittany, including 107,642 from March 29 to April 4, 2021, an increase of 12.7% compared to the previous week.
Brittany currently has 136 (+9 (1)) clusters under investigation by ARS Bretagne:
· 35 in the Côtes d’Armor (4 in a professional environment, 1 in a nursery, 10 in a school and university environment, 2 in a health establishment, 8 in an establishment for disabled people, 4 in EHPAD and 6 in the private sphere);
· 15 in Finistère (3 in a professional environment, 4 in a school and university environment, 3 in a health establishment and 5 in the private sphere);
· 55 in Ille-et-Vilaine (10 in a professional environment, 2 in a nursery, 14 in a school and university environment, 8 in a health establishment, 1 in an establishment for disabled people, 6 in EHPAD and 14 in the private sphere);
· 31 in Morbihan (10 in a professional environment, 8 in a school and university environment, 3 in a health establishment, 1 in an establishment for disabled people, 4 in EHPAD and 5 in the private sphere).
As of 6/04, 698 641 vaccinations have been carried out (of which 183 109 concern the 2nd injection):
155,596 in the Côtes d’Armor (including 40,539 for the 2nd injection)
193,506 in Finistère (including 50,496 for the 2nd injection)
191,091 in Ille-et-Vilaine (including 49,584 for the 2nd injection)
158,448 in Morbihan (including 42,490 for the 2nd injection)
Information Coronavirus COVID-19
Information and recommendations: www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
Places of screening and vaccination: www.sante.fr
For all non-medical questions, toll-free number 24/7: 0 800 130 000
1-Data compared to 04/02/21
2-The incidence rate represents the number of new cases of COVID-19 diagnosed by a PCR test occurring during the last 7 days compared to the number of inhabitants of the department. The unit adopted is per 100,000 inhabitants.
3-The positivity rate represents the number of positive cases for Covid (PCR test) compared to the number of people tested, over 7 days.
> CP_Bretagne_Pref_ARS_07042021-1 – format : PDF
– 0,15 Mb
Documents listed in the article: