Watford was shocked by the news that three of the six positive coronavirus tests were in their club.
The Hornets were among the most vocally opposed to restarting with Captain Troy Deeney and Chief Nigel Pearson who expressed their concerns about the fatal accidents.
It is assumed that one player and two staff members recorded positive tests after the first wave, carried out on Sunday and Monday.
The club has so far declined to comment, but while some players still intend to participate in the contactless training on Wednesday, some have been considered reconsidering their plans.
Speaking of Talk the Talk on the YouTube show, Deeney said on Tuesday that he would not attend.
“It only takes one person to become infected within the group and I don’t want to take him home,” said Deeney.
“My son is only five months old, he had breathing difficulties, so I don’t want to go home to put him in danger.”
Captain Watene Deeney – one of the 20 captains to whom the Premier League presented his plans – also said: “There have been many, which I would classify as very simple questions, which have not been answered.”
Referring to the added risk for black and minority ethnic players, he added: “For example, you can talk about the BAME situation. Government guidelines say that black people are four times more likely to have the disease and double probabilities of having permanent diseases but no additional screening is expected.
“There are no additional checks to be performed on any player because it costs too much money.
“Simple things like that are people who ask questions and are not answered. When people can’t answer the questions, you start to panic and start to worry. “
The Premier League on Tuesday said six people from three different clubs tested positive for the COVID-19 test on a sample of 748 individuals.
Burnley confirmed that assistant chief Ian Woan tested positive for Turf Moor.
“Burnley Football Club can confirm that after completing a Covid-19 test on Sunday May 17, assistant manager Ian Woan has proven positive.
“The team of the first Burnley team and the game staff were all tested last weekend, in view of a return to training.
“In line with the stringent Premier League requirements and after a positive test, Ian will now self-isolate himself for a period of seven days, with a view to being retested starting Monday, May 25.
“Ian is asymptomatic and is currently safe and at home.”
Subscribe to Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip.