Prepare the umbrella, as the rainy season in Mexico officially begins; for this one 15 th of May, the weather forecast foresees heavy rains and a drop in temperatures, which will help alleviate the droughts.
In general, this weekend electrical storms will continue in several states of the Mexican Republic; in some regions there may be significant hailstorms and probable floods; Besides that, tornado formation is not ruled out, especially in the north of the country.
Rains and winds in Mexico
The frontal system of cold front No. 56, will extend with stationary characteristics over the center and northwest of the Gulf of Mexico, originating showers and heavy rains in the evenings.
– The strongest rains will be experienced by the states of Michoacán, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Oaxaca and Chiapas.
– Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, State of Mexico, Morelos, Puebla, Veracruz, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo will suffer showers that could turn into very heavy rains.
– Showers in the states of Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Colima, Hidalgo, Mexico City and Tlaxcala.
– Very unlikely rains for Chihuahua, Durango, Sinaloa and Nayarit.
It is important to mention that in the northeastern and central regions of the national territory the rains could be accompanied by hail, strong winds and the possible formation of tornadoes or whirlwinds.
In general, this Saturday there will be strong gusts of wind of between 60 and 70 km / h in the Gulf of California; as well as the possible formation of dust dusts in Baja California, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas
For their part, the states of Sonora, Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Campeche, Yucatán, Istmo and Golfo de Tehuantepec experience milder winds of between 50 and 60 km / h.
Although in Mexico rain has been much needed, it could develop some Negative effects such as those that have already been experienced: flooding, flooding, falling trees and rising rivers. In this sense, the authorities ask the entire population to be attentive to the weather forecasts and the recommendations that are issued.
Weather May 15: Minimum and maximum temperatures
For the dawn and dawn of this Saturday 15 th of May, the climate forecast foresees minimum temperatures of between 0 and 5 ºC in the mountainous areas of Chihuahua, Durango and Baja California.
For the course of the day, Mexico will experience a very hot environment, with maximum temperatures of up to 45 ºC in areas of Sonora, Sinaloa, Campeche and Yucatán.
Climate for the Valley of Mexico
According to National Metereological Service (SMN), the weather forecast for this Saturday, May 15, foresees a cool environment and fog banks at dawn, cloudy skies most of the day, with a probability of showers in CDMX and strong showers in the State of Mexico, both could come accompanied by electric shocks and possible hail fall.
– Minimum temperature in CDMX between 13 and 15 ºC
– Maximum temperature during the afternoon in CDMX from 23 to 25 ºC
– Wind from 10 to 20 km / h and with gusts of up to 40 km / h in rainy areas.
The news by all means. Download our app